Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I was wondering what the gang here thinks about .32 mag for effective enough for Carry. I have no Semi-auto but am concidering a M&P 40 cal. Currently I plan to carry .357 or .44 but was wondering if .32 would be concidered effective enough, then I would get this M16 I was thinking about.

And if not, what about the new .327 mag round for carry. And possible guns in .327.

Just wondering?

WGlide

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
W glide The 32h&r mag is a great round for small game and target shooting. In fact it is one of my favorites, that being said I would not bet my life on it. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
It looks like the .32 mag is comparable to the .380. So, I guess my question to you would be, "Why?" Why do you want it? It is definitely at the low end of acceptable as a self defense round. I wouldn't use it unless I had some specific reason to.

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
You are thinking about a .357 or .44...... why you would even consider a pip squeak gun, in the same sentence is beyond me!!!!! :-o You are talking about 2 different animals here. One that is totally effective......and one that is marginally effective. You had better decide which you need, first!!!!! Protection.....or ease of carry. If you are like most people, getting a gun that you will always carry, and can shoot well, is your best choice, IMO. It beats having a .357 mag. at home, everytime!!!!! ;) Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,

Well you guys confirmed my thoughts. There would be only one reason, it is that If I were to obtain one, would it suffice? I didn't think it would, concidering the purpose and many better choices. I'm generally a hunter but, will be taking the carry course soon, as I feel the way things are these days, it's my duty and right and that this opportunity may go away.

Like I said I'm thinking about the M&P 40, but currently have 686s & 29/629s though none under 6". I can carry the 6"ers Ok in most cases under jacket or sport coat, etc. They are still a bit bulky. I'm leaning toward the M&P 40, so I want to settle on the choice before taking the course. Possiblly a shorter L or N frame may be Ok if I see one I want.

The 32 is out for carry, I'll get one to fill in a spot in the little collection later, and plunk some rabbits or something.

Thanks for all the input.

WGlide

·
Registered
90 Posts
Guys...is it enough??Funny...one of my carry guns(carry it quite a bit is my S&W 351PD...it's a 22mag.Have no problem thinking is it enough!! Asked & embalmer friend if he had any info on the round...his answer was it's a "NASTY" round....it will do the job.I go with shot placement ...& I can hit what I aim at & I have 7 rounds! :D
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts