Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a Smith Wesson 32 long ctg serial no. 576123. The problem I have is my aunt disabled the trigger so that her mother who had dementia wouldn't shot them by mistake. I obviously want to repair it but I don't know what is missing. She said she removed a spring and a lever. I have no diagram and I don't what year it is. Any help to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Squrl

·
Premium Member
20,698 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Can you post some pictures of the gun. It is either a .32 Hand Ejector or a .32 Regulation Police from 1948-49. If it has a round butt it is a Hand Ejector, a square butt is a Regulation Police. We can tell you what you are missing if you feel like you can remove the sideplate and take a picture of the action. To remove the sideplate, remove the grips then carefully remove the 4 screws with a hollow ground, properly sized screwdriver. Don't mix up the screw at the lower front with the other screws. It is the yoke screw that when loosened or removed allows you to remove the cylinder from the frame for cleaning and must go back into the hole it came from. Hold the gun by the barrel and rap the grip frame with a wooden or plastic tool handle to vibrate the sideplate loose. This will expose the action and you can take pictures and post them for us to see what was removed.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
20,698 Posts
Squrl, pardon me for not responding. I just lost track of this thread. Your gun is a .32 Hand Ejector from between 1922 and 1928. I believe your serial number begins with a 3 which would put it in either 1922 or 23. From the lack of compression on the rebound slide with the trigger full back, I would guess she removed the trigger plunger inside the trigger that engages the rebound slide. There is a hand spring inside the trigger also that she may have removed. Does the hand flop back if the barrel is tilted up? Otherwise, I don't see anything obvious.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Looks like the trigger plunger is gone. Remove the screw in front of the trigger guard- there should be a spring and a sliding plunger in the hole.
You can get replacements from Numrich gun parts.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
I really like happy endings. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.