Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .32 RP that was my wife’s grandfathers not sure what year it is which may be part of the problem. I took it apart without a manual and did an awful job at taking pictures and now can’t get the damn thing together. Does anybody have any recommendation on where I may be able to find a detail manual or a video to put this thing back together and also how I can figure out production year.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Pictures and a serial number would really help.

·
Premium Member
21,072 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass, Mike! Your gun was made in the early 1920's...probably 1922. The only way to get an exact date is paying $100 to the S&W Historian for a letter of authenticity. As far as putting the gun back together, it is made just like other S&W handguns of that era. Any instructions for pre-war guns will work. But, I recommend getting "The S&W Revolver...A Shop Manual" by Jerry Kuhnhausen. It will have a lot more than you need but is thorough. There are other books by David Chicoine that are also excellent. There are also folks here that can talk you through any difficulties.

Reactions: Abby'sDad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts