Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me first of say hello. I recently acquired a revolver at a storage locker auction and wanted to learn more. I have been reading and found this site to be the most helpful so far. Sound like a bunch of knowledgeable and helpful people.

I am looking for more information- things like date of manufacture and overall impressions, as well as value.

DSCN1930.jpg DSCN1931.jpg DSCN1932.jpg DSCN1933.jpg DSCN1935.jpg

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! It appears you have a .32 Safety Hammerless 3rd Model that was made from 1907-1937 in a serial number range of 170000-242981. It appears to be in very good, unrefinished condition. I would give it a value of $400+.

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
welcome01to the forum from SE Indiana. What Guy said. Very nice. Best regards. Dick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the prompt response wiregrassguy. From the information i have i also found a old box of ammo and only 5 rounds are missing from the box. I cant believe 400+ that is amazing. I also found a similar firearm (different manufacture) chambered in 38 S&W.

Again thank you,

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
I guestimate mid-1930's for shipping. It is likely that those 5 rounds are all that have been through it since it left the factory. Do you also have the box by any chance? With the box, it could approach $1000.

We like pictures of all manufacturer's firearms. Post some of the .38, please.

·
Super Moderator
19,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
The other revolver isn't an Iver Johnson or a Merwin Hulbert is it? Depending on the brand and condition you may have struck paydirt. You'll never know until you figure out exactly what you have. Look on the top strap of the barrel on the other one. Or on the grips fro a brand name or brand symbol. They're usually marked pretty clearly on those two places.
Photos will be highly valued and appreciated in helping you discover what the other gun is.
There are so many members here that are familiar with all types of guns, that you can probably get the right answers here on just about any brand or type of firearm.

I hope to see you back soon

Reactions: amthree

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no box for the firearm. give me a minute and ill get some pics of the 38 up. :) you guys are awesome.

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
That old H&R looks good, too. Seems like you found some treasure!

Reactions: amthree

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow thoes look great, what a find congrats. How old is the ammo? I know some people collect old ammo also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Smee78- i am not sure how old the ammo is i am assuming the same age as revolver on the .32, the .38 looked a bit more used so the amo is probably a bit newer. To be honest not sure. Heading to a gunsmith tomorrow to have them look at it. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,437 Posts
The IJ is worth somewhere around $250 give or take because if the condition. Pricing is sometimes pretty regional, and I would be pretty sure you could get that much for it out here. It could bring a little more if the right buyer sees the listing. That is, if you decide to sell it.
That Lemon squeezer is a real gem. If it were mine, I'd shoot it and keep it clean, simply for the enjoyment of having an antique and classic S&W revolver in my collection. If you decide to sell the S&W, list it here. It won't last long for sure if your price is right.
Thanks for sharing these with us.

Regards,
Gregory

1 - 15 of 15 Posts