Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upped the cut down .327 brass that Bob supplied to 4.4 grains of Unique. The newest Steroid .32 H&R in my Ruger is already getting to be quite impressive. The 100 grain SWC's are hitting the steel plates with a good bit more authority. Very similiar to the same hit I get out of 3.9 grains or Bullseye under a 158 grain SWC in a .38 loading. All this at 15 yards on a 6" Steel plate rail. It hits them every bit as hard.

But where it shines is that it's ballistics are hitting at the same point of aim out at 100 yards. And it is still hitting hard that far out. Frankly, it's time to buy a chrono and get some real data. And also step up to 115 grain SWC's. Lasercast sells them and I'm either going to try and find a bullet mold that equals their product, or just plunk down the dollars and get some.

Can't even begin to express how impressed I am with this little fixed sighted Single Six Ruger. Definitely has become my number one Single Action....And the lil' .32 H&R is now a very close second to my .41 Mags as favorite caliber. ;)

giz

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Taffin wrote me and said to stick with the Starline .32 H&R. His thoughts were that it was just the ticket. :)

giz

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Giz, Barb gave me a Chrony years ago and I would be lost without it shooting the 7X307 15" pistol {there are no reloading books or listings} and you are on the heels of building a 'wild cat'. I found alot more bark from the 7X307 but very little in velocity after a certain point {but still not showing pressure signs} so there was little reason to move up. Get one and quit guessing

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at Chrono's at Cabela's. Pleasantly surprised to see how much they have come down in price. Might end up buying one soon. In the meantime, I'm going forward with the loadings. Might have to build a Box O' Truth and test the bullet performance that way. I find that it is a better test of terminal performance then most. Figure it this way...if your satisfied with the ballistics at the ranges your after, then the Box O' Truth is the tellall of bullet terminal performance ;)

giz

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
I have the Chrony F-1. it has served well through the years with only one 'Awww S,,,,,,," and a welding rod took the place of a screen support very nicely so no harm, no foul. However, because I failed to mention it before,I should point out that the machine measures the speed of the last thing to pass over it. Think pillow ticking patch. Or BP lube boogers. And in my case, sabots. With a little imagination and moving the unit, no problems are to big but it does take moving the screen and playing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts