Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and have a specific question about a .32 cal S&W top break double action with a side safety S/N 116xx. This pistol belonged to my grandson's mother-in-laws grandfather. I believe it's from the late 1800's. Some how the cylinder is missing. I've tried to purchase a few cylinders on eBay but found the cylinder extractor pin measures .287 id & .336 od. The base pin on this pistol measures .249 id & .315 od & .813 in length. I believe from Numrich this is a first or second model model (s/n 1- 22,172) and has a larger base pin from the abundantly available laser model cylinders that i'm running across. So my questions are; am i correct in the identification of a the model and is it possible to fulfill my grandsons mother-in-laws wishes to complete her grandfathers keepsake ? The only marking on this pistol as far as i can put together are (top of barrel) S&W cartridges that fit best the fuskabore (best i could make out), (side of barrel) for 32 S&W cartidge, I have included a couple pics with the grips removed.

Thank You for any assistance you can provide..

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass, Jim! I hate to be a spoilsport but that's not a S&W revolver. There are many things different such as the side safety, the screwed on trigger guard, the stampings, etc. Unless the maker is stamped on the gun, someone with a wider experience base will have to advise you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass, Jim! I hate to be a spoilsport but that's not a S&W revolver. There are many things different such as the side safety, the screwed on trigger guard, the stampings, etc. Unless the maker is stamped on the gun, someone with a wider experience base will have to advise you.
Thank You
That explains alot. Although i couldn't make it out very at first glance it looked like a S&W stamp on the right side of the receiver. But under closer examination due to your information it looks totally different. Trying to look at other top break .32's Mfg's stamps and use that stamp to try and id the mfg. don't know if that's the best to go but i'm gonna try.

once again thank you for your assistance

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
Do you have the grips? Many manufacturers put their cartouche on the grips and can be ID'd by them. Unfortunately, the trademark stamp on your gun is worn to the point key details are missing. My guess is that it is a Spanish knock-off. The Eibar gun makers were prolific in copying S&W revolvers. That eventually led to S&W putting a Spanish registered trademark on all its revolvers in 1948.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The Smith & Wesson on the top strap I believe is about the 32 S&W cartridges that fit the revolver which is taken as S&W made by some people. It is definitely not a SMITH & WESSON revolver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I have them, there is no on the inside of the grips . The outside top has a flower or sunburst design ? Went thru the numrich Mfr's but will try the Eibar Mfg. Thank You once again for your time and great assistance in helping me to resolve this matter !

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
Well, the best I can do is from a search. It looks like the logo is the Basque eguzkilore (flower of the sun). Eibar is deep in Basque country. Mating that up with a manufacturer, however...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much, i found out it's a Espin Orbea Hermanos .32 Cal Top Break. The Mfg's mark coincides along with the grips design. I found a cylinder on www.slinkgunparts.com for $85.00. More than i would to pay but i know she'll be happy with her grandfathers pistol restored to it's working condition. I can not thank you enough for your assistance in figuring this out. I would still be scratching my head and walking around in circles trying to figure out what i had. I told her i should have it done by Christmas but it looks like she'll be getting it alot sooner (nock on wood).

Thanks again,

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts