Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking the best most authentic grips for my 32-20 1903 hand ejector, new ones are fine as long as the look is spot on. It currently has it's original pearl grips but they are very fragile and I will remove them for safe keeping and install the black ones when purchased. Any leads? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Very nice pearls- you're right to preserve them. Big bucks these days.

Most original would be the black hard rubber ones. Ebay is a good source.(somewhat less fragile)
Alternatively they'd be the dished, non medallion wood grips. (very hard to find) Keith Brown could make you a set, also pretty pricy.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice pearls- you're right to preserve them. Big bucks these days.

Most original would be the black hard rubber ones. Ebay is a good source.(somewhat less fragile)
Alternatively they'd be the dished, non medallion wood grips. (very hard to find) Keith Brown could make you a set, also pretty pricy.
Thank you. I'll get on it.

·
Premium Member
19,358 Posts
I think I would put some Grashorn's or Driskill's elkhorn stags on it. It won't look as good with black hard rubber grips on it.

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,010 Posts
yea - agree with Guy, a set of K Frame round butt grips, with the roundtop style would be just the ticket..
his is a set i bought - grasshorn , i think?

mine needs a little fitting around the pins for the 44 DA because that grip frame is slightly smaller, but that 32-20 would take standard K frame roundbutt.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
good gracious! those ARE original pearls! awesome!!! be gentle with them, for sure. you can usually run across a nice set of grips on ebay, if you stay diligent.
thanks for the pics,
ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts