Smith And Wesson Forums banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

· Registered
3,583 Posts
The .30 super carry is an answer to a problem that does not exsist. . there is just no reason for the caliber . The Mauser .30 of the pre WW ! days proved that. Trying to come up with another caliber lying between the . 380. the 9mm the .40 and the .45 just does not make any since. Like the .41 Action Express, .45 GAP and the .357Sig the round will fade into obscurity . Ballistics are not better guns are not smaller and the recoil while lighter is equal to the .380. After shooting it that is my impression . A round developed to solve a problem that does not exsist . I'd rather see our ammo companies filling the shelves with rounds we already have guns for and not for guns that will be a flash in the pan !!

Just my thoughts as a long time shooter, Police Officer, Armorer and gun smith !!

Layne12gun
Good answer..........Same thing we been "sayin" all through this thread.

· Registered
M&P Shields X5
143 Posts
I saw two 30 Super Carries at the LGS & if it weren't for ammo price & availability, I may have bought one or both...
One was a 30 Shield Plus the other was a 30 EZ
They had one box of Super Carry & it was $40 for 20 rounds WOW!! 100 Grain Federal HST
It's something to think about but the ammo price is ridiculous

· Registered
M&P, CSX
202 Posts
I saw two 30 Super Carries at the LGS & if it weren't for ammo price & availability, I may have bought one or both...
One was a 30 Shield Plus the other was a 30 EZ
They had one box of Super Carry & it was $40 for 20 rounds WOW!! 100 Grain Federal HST
It's something to think about but the ammo price is ridiculous
That's the one reservation I've got with respect to it. A Shield Plus in 30 SC would probably be fine for it's purpose. But with ammo prices like that it's gonna be a hard sell.

I've also noticed LGS prices have not caught up with online prices either. I'm seeing Federal HST at MidwayUSA for $26.15 per box of 20, practice ammo $23.31 for 50 rounds. As much as I prefer supporting my local stores over buying online, especially with respect to things like ammo that I really don't want falling into the hands of a porch pirate, a %35 difference in price between what I see on the LGS shelf and what I can find online means it would be kinda crazy to buy at the LGS. And I don't quite understand why there's such a discrepancy between the 2.

· Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered 250 rounds of REMINGTON 30 SUPER 100GR FMJ UMC for $.40 per rnd + tax and shipping. Not great but the price is coming down.
But I do have an issue with the Shield Plus version with light primer strikes. It happens every time I go to the range.

· Registered
3 Posts
Look at the sales trajectory of the Ruger 5.7mm... It's a similar introduction of a reasonably unique caliber handgun. Ruger just started running a sale on them. FN and one or two other manufacturers have joined Ruger in offering handguns in the caliber. It's a similar powerful smaller cartridge for higher capacity handguns.

I'll be interested in your impression after receiving and shooting this new caliber.

Fn was the one to introduce the cartridge.
Cmmg introduced an AR in it before ruger did their 5.7 and psa just came out with their "rock" model in 5.7 and seem to be selling pretty well.
Have the ruger 5.7 myself since spending 1200 or so on an fn if you can find one in stock was no go.

Will say one of my local shops has a bundle with the s&w ez and I think 250 rounds for about 500. I just don't like the ez or I'd be on it.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts