Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
But, but, but..............

The mighty 30sc has the knock down power of a 460 ......WEATHERBY!

Will knock charging RINO's flat! 🦖 :LOL:
And will probably, like creepy Joe Biden says, blow the lungs right out of a man! Ha!

The weenie 9 is here now because lots of law officers can't handle anything more powerful. IF it is so great why didn't we adopt it in 1945.....77 years ago?.....Logic aside...Bigger always hit harder.
Funny. Every gun writer and tester known to man says it is the modern bullet technology that has improved the 9mm. Perhaps you missed reading that TON of reports.

I think the .30 Super Carry may very well be a good thing. However, I cannot figure out why they call it a .30. As others have mentioned it has a .312" bullet, which makes it a part of the .32 family. But whoever invents a cartridge gets to name it whatever they want.

I am a huge fan of the .32 H&R Mag. Never was a big 9mm fan but now I have three, including two new Shield's Plus. Check out my post "Shield Plus Accuracy" in the S&W Semi-Auto Pistols Forum.

· Registered
22 Posts
32 Magnum already exists. Probably their attempt at avoiding confusion with existing cartridges. Like when someone asks for 9mm, but they have a 9x18 (Makarov) or 9x21 (9mm Italian) not a standard 9x19 Parabellum. Or when I ask for .45 ammo at the gun counter and there's that awkward pause before I specify ACP because I've forgotten 45 GAP, 45 Super, and 45 Colt exist.
Ha, yeah. But I don't think it would be a problem and .32 Super Carry would be a much more appropriate moniker.

As for ammo confusion, there is already a line of .32s (32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, 32 Long Colt, 32 NAA, 32 ACP, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, and more). No more difficult than the various .45s.

But, again, the designer/inventor can choose whatever name he/she likes for a new cartridge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts