Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,515 Posts
I look forward to reading your review after shooting a few boxes of .30 SC. Until then… :)
If you go back and read my previous post.........You'll see that I wouldn't have one if they were free........LOTS better stuff already out there.

In fact the 30 Tokarev or 30 Luger is almost 100 years old and a MUCH better catridge.

· Registered
3,515 Posts
Cloan....

So you practice this? NICE. 10 mm is pretty rare.....actually anything other than 9 mm Parabellum is pretty rare. I only carry .38 SPL or .45 ACP and I keep my firearms clean as a whistle.

I own something like 2 dozen 9mm Para's but haven't carried one since 2012.
[/QUOTE

"anything other than the 9mm is pretty rare"........That is about the most off the wall statement I've ever read,....You must not get out much,

· Registered
3,515 Posts
Like the weenie 9mm vs 45acp argument for how many years? With your logic, nobody would carry anything other than a 45.

30sc HST doesn’t appear any less effective than 9mm HST at expansion or penetration.

If Glock and the other companies release 30sc versions, you’ll end buying one.
The weenie 9 is here now because lots of law officers can't handle anything more powerful. IF it is so great why didn't we adopt it in 1945.....77 years ago?.....Logic aside...Bigger always hit harder.

· Registered
3,515 Posts
Maybe instead of worrying about why it wasn't adopted in 1945, you should take into consideration the ballistic advancements made in the last 87 years that have made the 9mm a competent round.
Anything done to the little 9 can also be done to the bigger calibers(and has)..........And now stupid bidden says a 9mm will blow a lung clean out of your body.

· Registered
3,515 Posts
You’re a moron. Still waiting to hear how many shootings you been in?
Son, does your Daddy know you are playing on his computer?.......IF you study history .30 cal. defense guns fade like the sunset a short order.........Anybody can hide behind a keyboard a 1000 miles away and call people names.....Betcha you'd be nice face to face..........My opinion is as good as yours even though we differ.
Most people are like lemmings.....They jump on the band wagon of what's new without any research........History is your friend if you're smart enough to research.

· Registered
3,515 Posts
The .30 super carry is an answer to a problem that does not exsist. . there is just no reason for the caliber . The Mauser .30 of the pre WW ! days proved that. Trying to come up with another caliber lying between the . 380. the 9mm the .40 and the .45 just does not make any since. Like the .41 Action Express, .45 GAP and the .357Sig the round will fade into obscurity . Ballistics are not better guns are not smaller and the recoil while lighter is equal to the .380. After shooting it that is my impression . A round developed to solve a problem that does not exsist . I'd rather see our ammo companies filling the shelves with rounds we already have guns for and not for guns that will be a flash in the pan !!

Just my thoughts as a long time shooter, Police Officer, Armorer and gun smith !!

Layne12gun
Good answer..........Same thing we been "sayin" all through this thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts