Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many foks have revolvers with 3" barrels? Seeing some at the auction sites and I am curious about them. Thanks for your responses.

Stinger

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at some Model 36 revolvers. One of them had fixed sights and the other had adjustable sights.

Stinger

·
Registered
42 Posts
Only have the two 3". Both are N frames tho.

Not exactly my idea of a "sporting firearm" or primary hunting gun. More of a back-up fieldgun/SD/critter gun, IMO.
I usually pack one of these when I'm in the sticks, fly-fishing.
Top gun is a 629-4 3" and the botton one is a 624 3".

Bruce

·
Registered
215 Posts
5 of the 3" flavor here.

3" 66-2
3" 66-4
3" 64-3
3" 13-3
3" 586-5 L-comp

They all shoot like 4" guns, and I like the full length ejection. All are as easy to conceal as a 2.5".......except the L-comp. That thing is bulky....and I don't like the ported barrel on a carry gun.

Hey mjr when are you going to sell me one of those 3" 65's? ;) Regards 18DAI.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I really like the 3" models and have a few. Such as these that I have posted many times.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Stinger4me said:
I was looking at some Model 36 revolvers. One of them had fixed sights and the other had adjustable sights.

Stinger
Sorry Stinger, they never made a 36 with adjustable sights, at least not to my knowledge.
Her's a pic of a 3" 60 though.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
On small to medium (J & K frame) revolvers the 3" is my favorite all round barrel length.

It's short enough for concealed carry and long enough for better sighting and a little extra velocity.

I own a 3" M-36 and several 3" M-65's (my 2.5" M-325 almost qualifys too).

The most accurate "Kit Gun" I ever owned was a 1970's vintage 3" Charter Arms Pathfinder.

It was one hell of a cotton tail popper. I killed three in one afternoon while quail hunting in a south Georga lodge pole pine forrest near Albany.

Nearly every time we stopped to take a break near a bush pile there would be a cotton tail near by. Rather than pulverize the bunnies with #8 birdshoot I'd pop em with a .22 lr from the little Pathfinder.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hey diamondback, never say never! Here is a pair of adjustable sighted model 36s, also known as the "Chief's Special Target". The 2" was made in about 1966 and the 3" in 1975.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
3" covers a lot of ground. Here are more examples.

A model 29-3 in 3" / A High Standard Derringer and a 3" 45 Colt Great Western Store keeper's model

:D :D :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just one, and she is a dandy. I love shooting this little baby. Surprisingly, in a DeSantis pancake OWB holster, it is very comfortable to carry. Nice punch in a small package.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bunch of nice guns in this thread! :mrgreen:

I've only got a coupla' 3 inchers, a Mod 36 no dash and a Mod 60-10.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts