·
Premium Member
11,299 Posts
Don't forget it is really $6 trillion; $6,000,000,000,000

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
It's not just about $1200 checks.

$500 billion in loans and guarantees to businesses, state and local governments.

$350 billion in loans for small companies with 500 employees or fewer, including nonprofits.

$260 billion for unemployment insurance.

$150 billion for grants to hospitals, public and nonprofit health organizations and Medicare and Medicaid suppliers.

$150 billion in aid to state and local governments.

That's the real big stuff... plus a ton of other categories from $45 billion to down to $100 million.

Democrats are already talking stimulus #2.
The dems say never let a crisis go to waste. The next $2T will have more crap in it from Nanny Pee.

·
Premium Member
11,299 Posts
The President should make an announcement that if a second relief is needed it will have no pork, none whatsoever. Any pork will get immediate airing during the press conferences.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
It is amazing to me, to see all the greedy people, even on this Forum, who imediately think of this as .....PAID VACATION!!!!! The American people can't even use the money for what it is intended.......as relief from, being laid-off!!!!! The way that I see it: All of them are just.....GREEDY BASTARDS!!!! nbvoALOkufO;mcp9 Bob

·
Premium Member
5,970 Posts
Send me the money honey!

Wonder if I can sign up for disability, Trump unemployment and party cash all at the same time? I'll call all these government agencies and find out.... cough a few times while on the phone. Oh yeah, and I need to check out Obamacare. I paid for my home a couple decades ago but with interest rates as low as they are maybe I'll take out a loan. I heard Trump's bailout had all sorts of protections from foreclosure... just not make the payments. Maybe Trump will pay my mortgage? My cellphone bill is a bit annoying. I heard the stimulus plan was bringing back a version of Obama phones. That's a lot of stuff to work on. Whew... being dependent on government ain't easy! :D

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Fraud will be rampant. With three million losing their job in just one week the system will be overwhelmed. No one will be checking who is legitimately unemployed. Money will flow like water from a firehose.
While I agree there will be fraud, I don't think it will be rampant. You have to have actually filed for state unemployment to get the extra Fed money. In PA your employer has to submit information to the state, saying that you are laid off, along with payroll history info, so they know how much to pay you. Fraud would require both the person claiming unemployment and their employer to conspire to cheat the system.
The self employed have to really be hurting in some cases. If you are a small father & son, self employed building contractor, you have been shut down, but do not get unemployment. The self employed in PA don't pay into the system, so they don't get anything out of it. It would be way too easy for the self employed to defraud the system since they are both the employer and the employee.

·
Premium Member
5,970 Posts
While I agree there will be fraud, I don't think it will be rampant. You have to have actually filed for state unemployment to get the extra Fed money.
In Trump's $2.3 trillion party package you don't even have to be eligible for state unemployment benefits. Trump is giving it away to contractors and freelancers.

Fraud will be rampant across the board, particularly with small and family business. Family members collecting Trump checks every week while still working. System will be overwhelmed... no one at the state or federal level is going to check.

At this point government really doesn't care. They're just trying to throw a lot of dollars at consumers so they spend. Remember Nancy Pelosi? The best way to create jobs is with an unemployment check.

At least it doesn't expressly allow illegals to collect benefits. Wouldn't be surmised to see it in stimulus #2.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
It is amazing to me, to see all the greedy people, even on this Forum, who imediately think of this as .....PAID VACATION!!!!! The American people can't even use the money for what it is intended.......as relief from, being laid-off!!!!! The way that I see it: All of them are just.....GREEDY BASTARDS!!!! nbvoALOkufO;mcp9 Bob
Hey Bob,

I take it that, if you get a check.........you will send it back?

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
In Trump's $2.3 trillion party package you don't even have to be eligible for state unemployment benefits. Trump is giving it away to contractors and freelancers.

Fraud will be rampant across the board, particularly with small and family business. Family members collecting Trump checks every week while still working. System will be overwhelmed... no one at the state or federal level is going to check.

At this point government really doesn't care. They're just trying to throw a lot of dollars at consumers so they spend. Remember Nancy Pelosi? The best way to create jobs is with an unemployment check.

At least it doesn't expressly allow illegals to collect benefits. Wouldn't be surmised to see it in stimulus #2.
Exactly. I’m self-employed and still have work, for now. My wife stays at home. Two kids. We all get checks.

More or less the point of this thread, if they just sent every person $5,000, kept $1,000 for admin. costs, there should be a lot less fraud because everyone gets free stuff.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
just show me the money....! I'll believe it when I see it!?
Exactly. I fully expect them to find some reason not to give it to those of us who have been working and paying taxes - INCLUDING unemployment insurance taxes - for 40 years or more.

I don't give a rats what anybody says or thinks about it. I don't feel the least bit bad about getting something back from the damned system.

I'm not sitting at home instead of working because I want to be. I'm home on furlough because our Governor shut everything down. I've argued against this hysterical nonsense until I'm blue in the face for two weeks now. The hysterical voices have overwhelmed and shouted down people like me. So now this is where we're at.

I've been paying into the system for other people to get the benefits for over 40 years. It's about time I got SOMETHING back. Anybody who don't like it can kiss my rosy red.... FOOT!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
In some places it’s government forcing people to stay home. In that case, they owe those businesses reasonable compensation. Surely it’s a form of eminent domain.

·
Premium Member
5,970 Posts
In some places it’s government forcing people to stay home. In that case, they owe those businesses reasonable compensation. Surely it’s a form of eminent domain.
In Tennessee we get $11/day for jury duty. Tump will pay us $600/wk to drink beer at home. I'll take option B.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts