Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 3 Day December Crossroads Of The West Phoenix Gun Show is a grand event. This year it filled 4 buildings and a large outdoor area (with 2 circus type pavilion tents) and multiple stand-alone vendor booths. They even have an outdoor Beer Garden (yep, I enjoyed a cold one) where the beer is bargain priced at 8-10 Bucks (plus tax) per plastic cup of draft. The Beer Garden is now fenced and no beer leaves the area.

By the end of the day today (my 2nd day there), I managed to see it all and even spent a few precious moments again with my friend Leo......................

Today a 4 inch 1976 production Model 66 (no-dash) joined my stable. Somewhere along the line, somebody dressed it in a set of nice Diamond Magna's but they're not correct on this vintage stainless steel revolver...........However I must admit, they do look good to me.....

S&WModel66NoDash_02.JPG

S&WModel66NoDash_04.JPG

I'm uncertain what grips/stocks this puppy will end up with........maybe I'll leave the Diamond Magna's and add a silver grip adapter (Tyler T).

Methinks 4 inch 66's are versatile sons-of-guns...........chuckle

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
congrats mate...

thewelshm

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Hey Geeze,

See you have that "***** Blanket" all wound up!

What a great looking 66!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,009 Posts

·
Registered
27,110 Posts
The 3 Day December Crossroads Of The West Phoenix Gun Show is a grand event. This year it filled 4 buildings and a large outdoor area (with 2 circus type pavilion tents) and multiple stand-alone vendor booths. They even have an outdoor Beer Garden (yep, I enjoyed a cold one) where the beer is bargain priced at 8-10 Bucks (plus tax) per plastic cup of draft. The Beer Garden is now fenced and no beer leaves the area.

By the end of the day today (my 2nd day there), I managed to see it all and even spent a few precious moments again with my friend Leo......................

Today a 4 inch 1976 production Model 66 (no-dash) joined my stable. Somewhere along the line, somebody dressed it in a set of nice Diamond Magna's but they're not correct on this vintage stainless steel revolver...........However I must admit, they do look good to me.....

View attachment 425703

View attachment 425705

I'm uncertain what grips/stocks this puppy will end up with........maybe I'll leave the Diamond Magna's and add a silver grip adapter (Tyler T).

Methinks 4 inch 66's are versatile sons-of-guns...........chuckle
Sweet!Nice addition to your collection. Congrats and enjoy.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the 66! The K frame Smiths, especially the 66, are my favorite handguns period. It’s rare to find decent things at the gun shows, at least down here in FL. Lately it’s all about expired body armor, 900 dollar Glocks, and “As seen on TV” products.

Admittedly, I wind up spending more money on beef jerky than I do gun stuff. The Suncoast Gun Shows do have a gentlemen who sells nothing but mags. I’m talking hard to find ones, like Beretta 418 and Walther TPH. He’s my go to for 59 series mags, which seem to be made from Unobtanium these days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts