Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any thoughts on value , originality , would be appreciated. Just purchased this 29-5 , I have seen these in Classic ,
this one is just the plain jane version I assume.
Ser. BHF 97.. Made in 91 I am told.. Thanks
Unc Lee 80, That is a nice looking model 29-5. I know you will enjoy owning and shooting this gem. I have a 29-5 Classic and it is one of my favorite guns to take to the range. Everyone that comes to my place to shoot always has to try it out.
Mine came with rubber grips with bright stainless S&W emblems. Pretty sure they are factory. I do not know what the value of your 29-5 might be. But I have been looking for a nice pre-lock 629 for a couple of months and have found nothing priced under $1000 so far. So I would think yours would be worth at least that also.
Mine starts with BNF in the serial number. Not too much later than yours. Maybe 1993 ship date? Thanks for sharing it with us. JA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,358 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass, both of y'all! Well, in my book, BFF and BFJ are in 1990. BFH is not listed in '90 or '91. So, it could have been either year. If you have the box, we can tell you down to the day of the week. It looks nice and the grips could be original. If so, they would have been optional.

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Hey 80,

Welcome to S&W!

Way to go! Pics of a fine 29........right out the gate!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
25,056 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on snagging that beautiful model 29!

·
Super Moderator
33,658 Posts
That is a very nice 29!

Reactions: Unc Lee 80

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unc Lee 80, That is a nice looking model 29-5. I know you will enjoy owning and shooting this gem. I have a 29-5 Classic and it is one of my favorite guns to take to the range. Everyone that comes to my place to shoot always has to try it out.
Mine came with rubber grips with bright stainless S&W emblems. Pretty sure they are factory. I do not know what the value of your 29-5 might be. But I have been looking for a nice pre-lock 629 for a couple of months and have found nothing priced under $1000 so far. So I would think yours would be worth at least that also.
Mine starts with BNF in the serial number. Not too much later than yours. Maybe 1993 ship date? Thanks for sharing it with us. JA
Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass, both of y'all! Well, in my book, BFF and BFJ are in 1990. BFH is not listed in '90 or '91. So, it could have been either year. If you have the box, we can tell you down to the day of the week. It looks nice and the grips could be original. If so, they would have been optional.
Sweet 44. The stocks look nice to boot! Enjoy
Thanks,, nice buck...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts