Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being round grip type,is this strain screw sticking out to far.the spring under the grips looks to have the right arc.I bought this revolver new and have never adjusted this screw.It came with rubber grips then i switched to these altamonts.I like the way they look but I have not shot them yet.Im quarantined at home and doing guy retail therapy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have seen this before on round butt guns. The front of the grip frame is thinner and the strain screws have a thinner head to accommodate this. Some guns with target grips have the standard screw since it is covered by the grips. You could also replace it with an Allen head set screw which would be below the surface of the grip frame.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
First Is the screw tight ?? Some one may have backed it off during an attempt to lighten the trigger pull. So tighten it up. The screw may have been replaced and is the wrong screw for that model . If so get a new screw. OR you can take the screw out and use a grinder and grind off the contact point with the hammer strut spring . " a little at a time " until the screw you have fits flush when tight

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey C,

Welcome to S&W!

Way to go! Pic of a GREAT M-29 on your first Post!

Don't worry about a thing. Just sent that revolver here. I will take good care of it for you!:D

Later, Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey C,

Welcome to S&W!

Way to go! Pic of a GREAT M-29 on your first Post!

Don't worry about a thing. Just sent that revolver here. I will take good care of it for you!:D

Later, Mark
I got it new.Bought at a down town sporting goods store in Seattle in the late 80s.Needed it for my job.carried it in a shoulder holster,never had to remove it from holster. I have used it to greet a couple of uninvited guests to my home over the years.I have sent for the proper screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts