Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this clean 29-2. Its sporting an 8 3/8s barrel, target hammer and trigger, white outline and red ramp front sight. I ordered a new set of grips to replace the hideous yet functional Grippers. This .44 has an amazingly smooth action. Finding ammo has proven to be very difficult. Cant wait to stretch this puppy come spring. This is my first .44 and I already love that big boom!
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver
Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Wood Camera accessory Gas Hardwood Cameras & optics
Wood Composite material Bicycle part Gun accessory Tool
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! I would not be in a hurry to replace those grips until you have had a chance to shoot it more; wood grips can dig in to the palm if not held just so...
GunBroker has .44 spcl. and magnum ammo listed...expensive...
The grips are very old, hard and cracked. I have the exact same set on my 6 inch 19-5, they work great. I ordered a nice set on goncalo wood grips from badger custom. N-Frame Square Full Grip — Badger Custom Grips

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Hey Space,

That is a BEAUTIFUL THANG!

Any other time...would advise learning to reload...You don't save any money...just shoot a whole bunch more! LOL

Later, Mark

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Just picked up this clean 29-2. Its sporting an 8 3/8s barrel, target hammer and trigger, white outline and red ramp front sight. I ordered a new set of grips to replace the hideous yet functional Grippers. This .44 has an amazingly smooth action. Finding ammo has proven to be very difficult. Cant wait to stretch this puppy come spring. This is my first .44 and I already love that big boom! View attachment 495347 View attachment 495348 View attachment 495349 View attachment 495350 View attachment 495351 View attachment 495352
Dunlops have to go mate... Enjoy it

thewelshm

·
Registered
31,561 Posts
Congrats on that purchase. Thanks for sharing the pics. Next is the range report...:)

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
23 Posts
years ago it was the mark of the advanced handgunner to remove the factory wooden stocks and put the rubber Packs on. It was the mark of someone who actually shot their guns. That was a long time ago.Today, I take the rubber ones off and replace them with wooden stocks

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Hey Space,

Wowser! That sure is...................SPIFFY! :LOL:

Should be lots of fun.

I use a 240gr LSWC w/7.5gr Universal/WLP. 900fps from my 8-3/8".

Easy on the recoil.

Later, Mark

Reactions: Spaceman Spiff
1 - 14 of 14 Posts