Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks to be a 8 in. , picture is not very good. Is there a fee attached to the total price? If there is take that into consideration.

I'd say the most I would pay for a 70s' 8 " 29-2 would be $600. total.

This said, I've not come across one for sale in recent memory.

I'd prefer a 4" 29 , given the choice. The barrel on the 29 is quite heavy, compared to say, a mountain gun.

I have recently found a 629 nodash, 4in. excellent condition, for $600. I am trading a piece and some cash for it.

Others will have differing opinions, and that is what is so great about this forum.

Regards ,,Allen Frame

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Thats about what I had in mind. If they save the guns for last I might not stay unless my buddy wants to bid on th RSM 375 H&H. I found the grips two tables down in another box. This is going to be a big auction with a lot of other stuff Snap On tools and a bunch of camera gear. Looks to be a long day!

G

·
0 Posts
would have to have slight reservation because of those grips. rather peculiar. otherwise a nice gun. wonder where the factory stocks have gone?

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Tough gun to sell up here.... I know of an 8 3/8" Nickle all correct and in good-to-very-good condition that layed around for months at $425. Was in the past 4 months or so....

Unless you really wanted the extra length, I wouldn't bid past $400 or so.... These are not really very good belt or field guns.

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts