Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had posted this already, an 8 3/8" 29-2 about 90-95% with factory grips. Comes with extra 4" barrel, never installed. No box. Shipped for $750 usps mo. It's faster to email: [email:34v0ra1l][email protected][/email:34v0ra1l].

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just curious, Will the same rear sight leaf work for barrels on both ends of the spectrum(4" & 8&3/8")?
Steve

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Not to "chat-up" this FS listing, but S&W lists a seperate part number for rear sights for 8 3/8" barreled guns of this era, but having done this sort of conversion in reverse several times I can say that in practical application this should be fine.

Drew

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I had a 4" 28 switch over to 4" 44 mag the rear sight was fine but I've noticed a difference in the height of the front blade on some barrels of the same length and caliber. But they seem to be close enough so far.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sebago Son said:
Not to "chat-up" this FS listing, but S&W lists a seperate part number for rear sights for 8 3/8" barreled guns of this era, but having done this sort of conversion in reverse several times I can say that in practical application this should be fine.

Drew
Drew, to work as you elude, does the rear sight have to be raised very high? Also, btt for a gun at a very reasonable price.
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts