Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There’s not many revolvers that can make an 8 inch barreled model 29 look small. This one is willing to try. The 10 5/8 barrel on the Silhouette is not for everyone but I sure like it. I would love to start looking for some shorter barrels after this whole mess is over.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,101 Posts
Those are some loooong barrels! Very, very nice!

There was a day when the long barrels were much more popular than today, but I still like 'em! I've got a few myself..

·
Registered
22,174 Posts
Interesting and unique that's for sure! I also never saw a S&W with a 10 5/8" barrel...learn something new every day here. Thanks for sharing the pics.:)

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Squid,

Fine pair of 29's!

They came out with 10-5/8" tube..........about the time I was done shooting Silhouette.

Just think...almost 100fps more out of the extra 2"! Hit the Rams harder........with less recoil!!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Now you just need the 12" Extreme Hunter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for looking guys. Honestly, it’s a totally impractical handgun for me to own right now. But what’s that matter?!! ; )
When this situation blows over I have to reschedule two total shoulder replacements.
I’ll shoot it in the meantime but I’m simply not able to get anywhere near maximum accuracy.
Goals......

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Are you sure those aren’t rifles with pistol grips. Very nice. One ragged hole at 200 yards.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
If you spend all your ammo, you can beat the perp to death with it...;)

Thewelshm

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I find long barrel handguns a pleasure to shoot and although they don't carry as easily,a well fit chest harness works very well. There was a time when long barrels were preferred as those "snubbys" were hard to hit anything with...:)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Nice looking revolvers. Not my cup of tea but nice anyway.

Double shoulder replacement? At the same time? I had my shoulder R&R’d about 15 years back. They had me in therapy for a couple of months and it was nearly a full year before I had full strength back. If you are having them done one at a time, start learning how to do things with your weak arm. I was able to teach myself to do letters, numbers, and use flatware with my left hand. Was always ambidextrous with my coffee mug. Think about things like slip on shoes (I wear western boots) and pull over shirts. Laces and buttons are tough to handle weak handed but at least you can ask for help with them. Zippers are even worse with the off hand. And that is a tough one to get someone to help with!

Best of luck in surgery. Do your therapy and push yourself. Don’t push so hard you reinsure yourself. Remember, (unless they have changed the technique) they are slicing through your muscle to remove and replace this joint so you have to rebuild your strength. I am honestly about 85-90% of pre surgery. Some of that is natural attrition but some is I did not go after it.

If you have questions or want to talk, get in touch.

Best of luck.

Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts