Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a loading block to hold six sets of 5 rounds in moon clips. I'm away from my gun for a while and cannot measure the cylinder. Anyone know what is the correct diameter of the centerline of the bullets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am seeing .55”, center pin to center of primer.

Do you have speedloaders for the Auto Rim cartridge?

Kevin
Thanks for the dimension.

I've bought some RIMZ carbon fibre moon clips for the 25-2. They work fine it is much easier to insert/remove shells than any of the steel clips. I want to make three loading blocks for sets of six clips each with 5 rounds.

I eventually intend to try doing an all revolver Bullseye 2700 match using my K-17 for 22, K16 32SWL for CF and the 25-2 for the 45 stage. I will order a Speed Beez block and loader for the K17. I have a couple of HKS speedloaders for the 32 and am making blocks to suit (Speed Beez don't make that caliber). Whilst I'm away over the winter my gunsmith is drilling the 17 & 25-2 to attach Weig-a-tinney mounts so that I can fit SIG Romeo 5 red dots. I already have one on the K16, it works very well.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
When I read “5 shots” I thought target shooting or Bullseye. The 25-2 was the culmination of quite a bit of shooting with the 45 ACP. On the last page of some gun rag there was a story about how Reeves complained to S&W about the 1950 and what needed to be done to improve it. I lost it a couple of computers ago.

Give some thought to using the 25-2 in the center fire match. That way you have only two triggers to master.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts