Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if dies are still available?
And are there dies for working/forming the neck of Roberts cartridge into this around.

Wonder if RCBS is still making stuff for this...as this is their founders cartridge..

giz

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,

I'll give it up for all you New England boyz....

KTP has a older BenchRest RockChucker .243 in the rack. It has a wonderful older Millet Scope with the Sunshade on it. Gun must weigh about 13 pounds. The action is a Mauser, the barrel is custom by God knows Who at this point...and the Stock is to absolutely Die for....it is so well done.

You have one week, before I go back and get it....

Price is under $650 and that includes the Millet...

giz

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked it up, it was covered with surface rust. Not wanting to jack with it too much I gave it a dura coat paint job in colt grey, The bore was excellent. stock needs minor work, saving my pennies for some dies. They are about $200.00
Ok,

I'll give it up for all you New England boyz....

KTP has a older BenchRest RockChucker .243 in the rack. It has a wonderful older Millet Scope with the Sunshade on it. Gun must weigh about 13 pounds. The action is a Mauser, the barrel is custom by God knows Who at this point...and the Stock is to absolutely Die for....it is so well done.

You have one week, before I go back and get it....

Price is under $650 and that includes the Millet...

giz

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just received another Cabelas 2011 shooting catalog. It does NOT list 243 Rockchucker in the RCBS dies table; 243 Win, 6mm Rem, 240 Wby Mag, and 243 WSSM. These are the only 6mms listed. Probably need specialty dies as noted above. I am a huge fan of the 243 Win.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe that the 243 Rockchucker is based on the 257 Roberts. If that is right, before I spent that much on custom dies, I would try using new brass and then neck size with 244/6mm dies or Lee collett dies and see it that works.

I use standard 6mm Rem Lee collet dies for my 6mm Ackley Improved with outstanding results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts