Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cherry's fine guns has a 24-3 3 inch on his site just posted, no photo yet. It may be a Lew Horton but Cherry's is not representing it as so.

No interest in Cherry's myself just a long term customer of there's. Good guys to deal with

Boats

·
Registered
215 Posts
It was a Horton. I don't know who got it, I was too busy buying the 3" 13-3 :D

Been looking for one for the past four years. My gunsmith is going to return it to its original configuration. Regards 18DAI.

G

·
0 Posts
If it was a 24-3, 3" and it sold for $450 it had to be really "rough", or someone at Cherry's will probably be fired for underpricing a gun. I haven't seen one for less than $650 for a long time, and most are $750 and up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cherry's sells most things on consignment. The owner is given a choice of fast sell or higher pricing. Have seen them refuse to sell overpriced items. Believe me they know prices, Kevin is on the board of directors of the Colt owners club and the shop sells thousands of firearms each year. They also understand most buyers will have a 75 dollar minimum shipping and out of state transfer fees although I have found Cherry's part of the fee structure to be very reasonable. I did not sight the Horton but believe there description. That big lot of old Smiths are pretty rough and priced accordingly. Did see a gem in the bunch though. That 13-3 looked pretty good restoration material and priced to suit.

So 450 plus another 50 to put it in your hand means a fast sale. 600 or 650 it's going to sit a while in somebody's shop without national coverage like they have. Evidently the owner of that 24-3 wanted to move it. I have bought and sold through them for years and always felt like they did a very good job. Recently they got high dollar for a couple of US Carbines I had on consignment Told them to hold out and they did.

Boats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts