Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought a talo deluxe 22a a couple of weeks ago. i love the gun. it shoots great. i only have one complaint (other than a lack of aftermarket mods), so lets see if any of you guys have any advice for me.

complaint 1: the safety switch is very stiff. i realize it should loosen up with use but i don't shoot that often. it frustrates me that i risk creating a blister on my thumb when i go shooting. it makes me want to avoid operating it. i emailed S&W service and they told me there was nothing that could be done. it seems that all customer service departments (not just smith and wesson) are trained in the art of responding to questions in the vaguest way possible and not to offer any advice. can i put some leather gloves on while i am watching tv and just work the switch back and forth until it loosens up?

·
Super Moderator
11,038 Posts
Yes that sounds like it will get the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think i figured it out

the gun i referenced is my second 22a. before i had a standard model. the safety on the standard didn't seem as hard, or not enough to bother me. i took the wood grip off last night on the deluxe. the safety was much easier to operate. the problem is that the talo custom grip is very thick and hides the bottom side of the safety. this makes you have to kind of push in and up to get the safety to start moving. this is a little disappointing. the grip was one of the reasons i traded. if feels so much better in my hand than the grips on the standard model. l don't want to modify the talo grip because it might be hard to replace in the future (has custom laser etching). do any of you have a 22a with the S&W composite wood target grips? if so, could you tell me if you have similar issues? are there any after market grips for this gun?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased this pistol on-line. Consensus seems to be...."it's not a Model 41 but for the money it's a good gun" ! I found it much too barrel heavy with a much too large grip......but that is only a personal preference !! This pistol is a Talo model and the safety is not operatable because it's "Extremely" tight AND the " Wood Grips" cover the safety button !!!! Was this pistol fired before the TALO grips were installed or after ?.... makes no difference, here are two problems that should have been corrected before the pistol left the factory !! If the difference between a "quality" product and a cheap "cookie cutter" product is a $150 i'll pay the difference.......Just Venting !!!! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe sand the backside of the grip a little to loosen it up around the safety? Just a thought. I agree that nobody, after purchasing a product, should have to make an adjustment like this for the weapon to function 100% flawlessly, but it may ease the safety issue? Like I said, just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts