Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had good service from my 22A-1 for several years, using mostly CCI SV ammo. Shooting steel at extended ranges with a red dot is big fun for everyone at my private range. Lately it has become a jam-o-matic despite me cleaning and maintaining it as required. I have tried new mags, different ammo and even holding my mouth right.

Last week while clearing yet another stovepipe the firing pin broke. I ordered a new FP, recoil spring and recoil buffer from MGW and installed all 3 yesterday. Still jams.

So back to S&W she goes. Will update when it comes back.

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
Probably won't touch it in as much as you have replaced stock parts with aftermarket. S&W is real touchy about that.

Reactions: gearchecker

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably won't touch it in as much as you have replaced stock parts with aftermarket. S&W is real touchy about that.
Factory parts were installed. There's no aftermarket for this gun. I explained the steps I tried to fix it to the rep and she had no problems sending me a return label

·
Registered
19,660 Posts
Actually last year tried to get buffers from S&W and was told they no longer support 22-A1. Had to get buffers from on line.

Reactions: ikarus1

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supposedly it's on the Fedex truck for delivery tomorrow so I will report back. A month round trip give or take a week for shipping

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got her back today. S&W polished the chamber and replaced the extractor and she is as accurate and reliable as anything else I have ever shot. Ran thru 100rd of Fed HV with no issues other than the usual 1-2% bulk ammo FTF. I am happy as can be!
Thanks S&W!

Now maybe I will spring for those wood target grips from Altamont I have been lusting over for a while

1 - 11 of 11 Posts