Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,
I recently came across a really cool little, cut down, version of the 422 that takes an 8round mag vs the 10 round of the 422/622 guns. Every place I look seems to be sold out. Does anyone have a lead on some of these. The gun works perfectly for my suppressor but the only mag it came with is kind of pitted up and I'd love to have a few extras. I saw one on ebay but the guy was smoking crack with his price.
Any help getting pointed in the right direction is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Doc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Howdy Folks,
I recently came across a really cool little, cut down, version of the 422 that takes an 8round mag vs the 10 round of the 422/622 guns. Every place I look seems to be sold out. Does anyone have a lead on some of these. The gun works perfectly for my suppressor but the only mag it came with is kind of pitted up and I'd love to have a few extras. I saw one on ebay but the guy was smoking crack with his price.
Any help getting pointed in the right direction is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Doc
I am ordering 422/622 mag and I am going to try to convert them to 8 rounds! cut the bottom off and solder it back on shorter. Just for the fun of it....we will see!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sad to say but the 8 round mags for these guns are very nearly unobtanium.
Neither of the places Jeepnut suggested has them, nor does Triple K, or Joe's Clips, or Numrich, or Midway, or much of anybody else that I've found.
A price tag of $100 or more for a spare isn't out of the ordinary, if you can even find one for sale.
There aren't any listed on Gunbroker right now and I saw the only one listed on eBay is $115 shipped. Sounds outrageous, but believe it or not that price isn't extraordinarily high for one of these. Scarcity has driven the price on them way up.
The good news is that the 10 round version for the 422/622 works just fine in the 2213/2214 - it just sticks out of the grip about 1/2".
But if you have your heart set on an 8 round magazine, be prepared to pay the price for one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am serious about cutting one down...I am very handy. I will let you know. I am considering a plastic block attached with pins as an alternative to the original base. If it works Im rich! LOL

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I am serious about cutting one down...I am very handy. I will let you know. I am considering a plastic block attached with pins as an alternative to the original base. If it works Im rich! LOL
I think I'd try 4 counter-sunk, tapered, flat head, phillips screws. That way the base could still be removed if necessary.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I sent the OP a link to one for sale for $70 + $10 shipping - can't remember if it was eBay or GunBroker - but he never even responded to acknowledge my efforts trying to help him find one. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
snagged a nice magazine off Gunbroker last week for 56.50 shipped! It was listed as only for 2214 which is probably why it had only 1 bid ….mine! Very happy and its like new. Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sent the OP a link to one for sale for $70 + $10 shipping - can't remember if it was eBay or GunBroker - but he never even responded to acknowledge my efforts trying to help him find one. :(

if it was me I did not get a notice and I would have responded and thanked you. I believe I bid on it but they sold it for $137!!! I went to $85.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
if it was me I did not get a notice and I would have responded and thanked you. I believe I bid on it but they sold it for $137!!! I went to $85.
No, I was talking about Recondoc - the OP who started this thread.
I first sent him an offer to sell him one of my spares for $75 including shipping. No reply.
Then the next day I sent him the link to an auction I found with a Buy It Now price of $70 +$10 shipping.
Since most of the other auctions I've seen for them are fro anywhere from $100-$120 I thought I was feeding him some pretty good info.
I thought it was odd that I went to the trouble to tell him about it, but he didn't even bother replying either time - oh well.
I also think you got a really good deal on one for under $60.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts