Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is looking for a .22 pistol and today I located a S&W 2206 at the local pawn shop. The price is $350 and includes the case. I have never shot one of these and I have no idea about the value or price of used pistols. He can probably get a new Browning Buckmark for about the same price, he has shot them and likes them. Can members shed a little light on this subject for me. Thanks very much.

Stinger

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Don't know anything about the Smith 2206. However, a Browning Buckmark is a very nice pistol. I would go with the one that I have shot, and like. Just my opinion. I like to get what I know something about. Bob

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
The 2206 is a great plinker. It is the same basic design as the 622 and 422 but it is milled, not cast. That is a very good price for one, IMO. At one time I owned a 622 and like a fool, traded it off. I have no experience with the Buckmark but I do hear they are a good gun. In this area, the Buckmark is more expensive than that but perhaps the Buckmark he is looking at is used also. If I were making that choice, I would go with the 2206.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
I have the 422 and I love it. I also get better accuracy from my 422 than my brother's Buckmark.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The 2206 is all steel, unlike the 422 and 622 which have an alloy frame. Thats a good price on it, and I would buy it!!!!! The mags are the same as the SW41.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts