Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new owner of a 22 victory, the owner's manual indicates that the gun should NOT be dry fired. My question is: after the last shot should the gun be stored with the bolt back (open) or closed and dry fired on a snap cap? The only "maintenance before storage" information is on page 33 and makes no mention of the bolt. Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Just snapping it once in a while is ok. I just picked up my old Ruger Standard Model. I held the bolt open a fraction of an inch and pulled the trigger. It snapped without the firing pin hitting the chamber. Try it in yours.
Jim

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
If you don't have a snap cap, use an expended cartridge. Snap Caps can be expensive, so I highly and often recommend the tip provided by fellow member and moderator Gearchecker, one box and you'll have enough 22 caliber snap caps to supply a neighborhood with! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 22 Victory I bought was the display at an Academy Sporting Goods store so chances are it's been dry fired a million times well I was using Remington golden bullets and one out of every ten was a misfire I shot it Saturday and 9 out of 10 or misfires and then 10 out of 10 were misfires so I don't think it's the ammo I'm just wondering if there's an a way to adjust the firing pin or just order a new one because it wasn't even leaving in mark on the casing I've had the gun a year and probably put 500 + bullets through it now it misfires every time I clean an oil at every time I use it but I usually leave it cocked which according to another user said no problem I'm just wondering if I bought a piece of crap or not I've always liked Smith & Wesson but this is really pissing me off could someone let me know if there's a way to adjust the firing pin thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.