Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glocks' releasing a .22 caliber handgun....Glock Model 44.

I have a Sig 226 in both 9MM, .357 sig and .22 for training purposes and cheaper costs..the 266 in .22 is great to shoot.
It uses "exchange kits": Basically new slides/barrels and magazines that fit on the 226 platform.

Is there any interest in checking with S&W and pushing for a .22 Shield...NOT a Shield EZ but a regular-sized Shield in .22 that could take Apex Triggers and other Shield accessories to replicate the look and feel of a regular center-fire Shield?

From a training standpoint, it would be excellent.

I believe Ruger also has recently released a .22 concealable pocket pistol.

A Factory .22 "exchange Kit" would be cool too...but at the regular Shield prices today, one in .22 might be a bargain.

Admittedly, 9mm is cheap enough to shoot these days.

Discuss?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I know the M&P .22 compact is larger than a 9mm or other big boy caliber Shield, but it's a GREAT gun: Not ammo picky and totally easy to rack and more accurate than most shooters.

I know you said a Shield, which is a smaller gun, whereas the .22 compact is the same size (frame, grip and all) as an EZ.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I think it is a great idea, especially for new shooters.
I started shooting revolvers in the 70's and I used a Crosman 38C pellet gun before I went to the range.
It was exact same weight and size as a S&W Model 15.
I got the idea from the Air Force, they used this gun to train their members that were issued Model 15's.
It helped me with muscle memory and sight acquisition and I used a lot less ammo at the range.

2011_0209airagain0010.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heard back from S&W Customer Service...blew me off nicely but did say they'd pass along my request and any other product suggestions to the right marketing folks.
The M&P compact in .22 looks very nice.
But I'd want the SAME platform as my other Shields to replicate weight and muscle memory for training consistency.

9mm plinking ammo is still cheap enough I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts