Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I received this gun from a family member. Serial number begins with 635XXX. I am looking to find out year and ballpark on value. There are too many posts to go through on this model of gun, so I started my own. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
First Model K22 from the mid 30's. (If I remember my serial number ranges correctly). In that condition , say $4-600.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
I listed one for $900 (which included a S&W letter) on this site about 6 mo. ago that I'd call 99%; only a very faint drag mark around the cylinder kept it from being 100%. Don't know if that was low, but I received one single inquiry about it. That gentlemen bought it, but it did not seem to attract much attention.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
The truth will likely fall toward the lower end of the above ranges. There are 5 currently on Gunbroker. The 4 with high start numbers have no bids. A so-so experienced one with a desireable King front sight is pulling $426 with 4 days left. The "buy now" on this piece is 1195.00. Search K-22 Outdoorsman to follow these.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Search K-22 Outdoorsman to follow these.
Yes, that's the best way to arrive at an average value, but don't pay attention to anything but SOLD values, because GB is full of ridiculously priced items that never get a bid, but stay listed at the same price for months! (Even the sold prices on GB usually seem well above average to me.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Hey J,

Welcome to :bluelogo:

Fine looking LONG ACTION K 22!

Shoot it well.......(and now that .22 ammo is "down" to $20/brick) and OFTEN!!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
27,951 Posts
Nice K-22! Welcome to the forum. Hope you shoot it often.:cool:

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
20,125 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts