Hey Mustang,

One swell looking K 22!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys. The Outdoorsman is very accurate. Maybe not quite as accurate as my 41, but close.

That's a beauty you've got there, Forester.

The grips are in excellent shape and numbered to the revolver.

Bluing and metal match the condition of the grips

Except for a nasty patch of pitting on the barrel :(

·
Registered
22,113 Posts
Great examples of some fine S&W craftsmanship. :cool:

Reactions: Mustang

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Here’s a couple of pics of mine that is only about 2300 serials earlier than yours. I have the factory letter that dates it to 1938.
Did your letter indicate that your Magnas are original? (My letter did not, though "I was sure" they were; 100 bucks blown.) Let me say this about the standard grips: for shooting (if that matters), they are slightly better than holding on to the bare frame.

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
Maybe not quite as accurate as my 41, but close.
I'll GLADLY accept some reduction in accuracy to spare myself the irritation of having to rack the slide every few shots to clear a case that didn't eject because it hung up under the slide extension!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll GLADLY accept some reduction in accuracy to spare myself the irritation of having to rack the slide every few shots to clear a case that didn't eject because it hung up under the slide extension!
That hasn't been an issue with my Model 41

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I purchased an Outdoorsman at Tulsa several years ago. After I bought it a set of pre war magnas with pre war grip adaptor was offered for sale on the other S&W forum. Normally the top of the magnas would have a gap at the top but someone altered the magnas to fit flush with grip adaptor.
Great looking Outdoorsman, R89074. I would like to find some replacement grips, to preserve the original grips

1 - 20 of 21 Posts