Hey Mustang,

One swell looking K 22!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. The Outdoorsman is very accurate. Maybe not quite as accurate as my 41, but close.

That's a beauty you've got there, Forester.

The grips are in excellent shape and numbered to the revolver.

Bluing and metal match the condition of the grips

Except for a nasty patch of pitting on the barrel :(

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Great examples of some fine S&W craftsmanship. :cool:

Reactions: Mustang

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Here’s a couple of pics of mine that is only about 2300 serials earlier than yours. I have the factory letter that dates it to 1938.
Did your letter indicate that your Magnas are original? (My letter did not, though "I was sure" they were; 100 bucks blown.) Let me say this about the standard grips: for shooting (if that matters), they are slightly better than holding on to the bare frame.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll GLADLY accept some reduction in accuracy to spare myself the irritation of having to rack the slide every few shots to clear a case that didn't eject because it hung up under the slide extension!
That hasn't been an issue with my Model 41

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll GLADLY accept some reduction in accuracy to spare myself the irritation of having to rack the slide every few shots to clear a case that didn't eject because it hung up under the slide extension!
I purchased an Outdoorsman at Tulsa several years ago. After I bought it a set of pre war magnas with pre war grip adaptor was offered for sale on the other S&W forum. Normally the top of the magnas would have a gap at the top but someone altered the magnas to fit flush with grip adaptor.
Great looking Outdoorsman, R89074. I would like to find some replacement grips, to preserve the original grips

1 - 20 of 21 Posts