Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 22 Magnum revolver in J-Frame...not necessarily limited to current production, willing to consider the "experienced" market. What are my options?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Options of choice are limited only by how much you want to spend.
DA and SA are readily obtainable. As are 22 mag bottom stuffers depending on how much shopping you can do.

At least 4 of the major mfgs have 22 mag revolvers on the market. And there is the 17 HMR necked-down 22 mag as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping to stay in the S&W family, and am looking specifically for J Frame. I know there is an Airlite snubbie available in current production, I've seen it on the website. But I'm wondering if they ever made a J-Frame 22 Magnum in stainless, maybe? Or even an Airweight in 3" barrel length? Something like that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a nice M650. That might be what I'm looking for!
Is that a J-Frame?
When did they last produce that model?
How is the 650 different from 651?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
jrmichael said:
That's a nice M650. That might be what I'm looking for!
Is that a J-Frame?
When did they last produce that model?
How is the 650 different from 651?
J frame, yes
Not sure of dates
651 has adjustible sights, for one

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Consider a Model 51. There are more of them out there as they were made for quite some time (1960-1974) and they are generally not highly sought after by collectors unless they are in stone mint condition in the box.

That and I really like the 3 1/2" Square Butt Profile which is standard.

A couple of years ago I bought an early Diamond Stocked Model 51 in very nice condition for alot less than what a 650 or a 651 brings these days.....

Drew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the site. I just found and purchased model 51 22mrf. I would like some help in determining its age. It is in beautiful condition, has a 3.5'' barrel. The serial # is m106xx I will attach pics when I can figure out how to post them. Thanks I also picked up a model 34-1 22lr at the same time

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
gpbear said:
Hello, I'm new to the site. I just found and purchased model 51 22mrf. I would like some help in determining its age. It is in beautiful condition, has a 3.5'' barrel. The serial # is m106xx I will attach pics when I can figure out how to post them. Thanks I also picked up a model 34-1 22lr at the same time
Welcome.

You have an early one, if the digits are correct.

1969-1971 M1 - M30000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply, yes the # are correct. Could you please help me with the model 34-1, 22LR. It serial # is m169xx and it has a 4'' barrel. It to is in beautiluf condition.

Thanks again,

GpBear

·
Super Moderator
10,857 Posts
gpbear said:
Thanks for the reply, yes the # are correct. Could you please help me with the model 34-1, 22LR. It serial # is m169xx and it has a 4'' barrel. It to is in beautiluf condition.

Thanks again,

GpBear
Your model 34 is in the same time frame. The only way to narrow it down is to get a factory letter from Roy Jinks.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
I had a M650 as my primary carry gun several years ago. It served me very well as a game getter and general packin pistol, small enough it didn't tear up small game but big enough for 1 shot kills on javelina & coyotes. Wish I had it back... although the M351PD I have now is as good in every way. I had a 4" M651 for a while but it just didn't balance the same as the 3" M650. .22 mag's in this country are a rare commodity, everyone (except me) who has one is smart enough to keep it. One of my cowboy cousins used one for years lion hunting. I don't thinks it's possible to go wrong w/ any of the S&W models - the worst one is still great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts