Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its a 4 screw serial number appears to be 19409 this is on the bottom strap of grip, says smith & wesson left side of barrel 22 long rifle on the right side of barrel no address just made in america on right side of frame above and in front of the trigger serial number is also on the front of the cylinder and the chanmers are recessed and the barrel is pinned.
anyone know what model or name of this fine pistol might be and possibly date of manufacture it is in 98% condition
Thanks Jeff

·
Premium Member
13,678 Posts
Pictures please.

If it's a hand ejector model, the serial number should be on the bottom of the frame of the grip.

19409 would be a very early revolver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures please.

If it's a hand ejector model, the serial number should be on the bottom of the frame of the grip.

19409 would be a very early revolver.
haveing difficulties uploading pictures but I have also just discovered where the 5th screw is! That being said it surely is older than I thought. I have to assume it is a named model just not sure where to go from here to identify. I will continue to try with pictures.

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You have a K-22 Masterpiece from 1948. This classic target revolver was made with a 6" barrel and was matched up with the K-38 and K-32 Masterpieces. It is very collectible and sought after by collectors. Congratulations!

Reactions: Thewelshm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! You have a K-22 Masterpiece from 1948. This classic target revolver was made with a 6" barrel and was matched up with the K-38 and K-32 Masterpieces. It is very collectible and sought after by collectors. Congratulations!
thankyou Mr. Wiregrass! I have 1 more question, where do you find this information? I spent many hours searching albeit I have not contacted S&W and by the way not only is it 98+ it groups fantastic although 1 part of me says shoot and love another says clean polish and admire the craftmanship
Jeff

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I was blessed, a member sent me a "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" if you think you are going to buy more, I would suggest purchasing one mate, oh and welcome to the forum..

thewelshm

Reactions: Mac23

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was blessed, a member sent me a "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" if you think you are going to buy more, I would suggest purchasing one mate, oh and welcome to the forum..

thewelshm
I will immediately search for this grail and when I find one I swear to freely give up its secrets to all who come in wonder! Thanks much for the info
Jeff R1

·
Premium Member
20,723 Posts
The Standard Catalog of S&W, 4th Edition, by Supica and Nahas is the Bible for S&W collectors. It is much more than a catalog, however, giving history and data on accessories which are also collectible. You can buy it in hard copy for $$$ or in digital form (Kindle or PDF) for under $20. You can put it on all your computers and smartphones in digital form and have it with you wherever you go.

Reactions: Thewelshm
1 - 12 of 12 Posts