Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
With the ammo situation being as it has the past couple years, I have been shooting more 22 caliber rimfires.
Back in 2012 when I started buying handguns, a 22 was in the first couple. I bought a S&W, M&P 22. Those were the ones made by Walther. It was OK but I wasn’t overly thrilled. Then I got a Ruger SR22. I liked that way more than the S&Walther. I bought the M&P22 as a Black Friday special and after a couple years I got a chance to sell it for what I had paid. Took the money and got a nice, used stainless Buckmark with fiber optic front & rear sights and a 5.5” Bull barrel, priced at what I had just sold the M&P for. Again, it was alright but I felt it should shoot better or I should shoot it better. Meanwhile I had saved up and got a new 4 inch model 617. That revolver was just about rimfire perfection and I knew the Buckmark was headed down the road.
Eventually I took it to a gunshow where I traded it and a couple pictures of Ben Franklin for a nice pre model 43, airweight kit gun. It’s not as easy to bang bullseye’s as the 617 but I do better than with the Buckmark. I think I finally have 3 keepers.
View attachment 579244
After shooting a few of my guns, my wife has sort of claimed the Ruger. It’s the only one she shoots now so I sort of have to keep that one anyways. I’d actually like to get her the one with a purple frame and black slide, then swap slides so I have an all black gun and she has the purple with bright aluminum slide which I believe is not a combination Ruger ever did on these.
What are your favorite rimfire handguns?

· Registered
8 Posts
With the ammo situation being as it has the past couple years, I have been shooting more 22 caliber rimfires.
Back in 2012 when I started buying handguns, a 22 was in the first couple. I bought a S&W, M&P 22. Those were the ones made by Walther. It was OK but I wasn’t overly thrilled. Then I got a Ruger SR22. I liked that way more than the S&Walther. I bought the M&P22 as a Black Friday special and after a couple years I got a chance to sell it for what I had paid. Took the money and got a nice, used stainless Buckmark with fiber optic front & rear sights and a 5.5” Bull barrel, priced at what I had just sold the M&P for. Again, it was alright but I felt it should shoot better or I should shoot it better. Meanwhile I had saved up and got a new 4 inch model 617. That revolver was just about rimfire perfection and I knew the Buckmark was headed down the road.
Eventually I took it to a gunshow where I traded it and a couple pictures of Ben Franklin for a nice pre model 43, airweight kit gun. It’s not as easy to bang bullseye’s as the 617 but I do better than with the Buckmark. I think I finally have 3 keepers.
View attachment 579244
After shooting a few of my guns, my wife has sort of claimed the Ruger. It’s the only one she shoots now so I sort of have to keep that one anyways. I’d actually like to get her the one with a purple frame and black slide, then swap slides so I have an all black gun and she has the purple with bright aluminum slide which I believe is not a combination Ruger ever did on these.
View attachment 579244

· Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 579244

1 - 4 of 4 Posts