Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Colt now offers the Anaconda it 6" and 8" models, I like its looks and a friend has done a nice review of it. I have 3 Smiths with holes and a Win 92 saddle ring carbine in .44mag, really like the Winchester, light and fast to the shoulder. For some reason, the locks on the new 29/629s are bothersome and I can see it's time to divest myself from them, along with some 686s, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, would like the opportunity to shoot the Anaconda, probably a slim chance given the current market.

·
Registered
30,035 Posts
I wouldn't mind trying that out myself. Are there any ranges that provide firearms for you to try. We had one locally and your could rent anything from a small caliber handgun to a full auto machine gun. Would be one way to scratch the itch, that is, if they had a Colt Anaconda available.:)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cool! I always wanted an Anaconda ever since my Dad had a Python, but I don't otherwise know much about them. It's on "the List"...but we'll see what it goes for given the current climate. How does its heft and size compare to the M629?

·
Registered
67 Posts
BonitaBob,
Thanks for posting this info. I really like the looks of that Anaconda. I passed on an original one, reasonably priced, many years ago while still raising three kids. Just could not justify spending the money at that time. I have regretted not buying it ever since. I may have to break into my piggy bank and count my change and see if I can afford one of these. Thanks. JA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts