Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrangler? Airweight? Rough Rider? LCR? GP100? Model 66? A J-frame?

Nope, the Python, sez the NRA. Anyone else puzzled?

“In January of 2020 a new Colt Python rolled out of the factory and it was the No. 1 selling revolver among FFLs using the services of GunBroker.com in 2020.”

Reactions: Thewelshm and TTSH

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Wrangler? Airweight? Rough Rider? LCR? GP100? Model 66? A J-frame?

Nope, the Python, sez the NRA. Anyone else puzzled?

“In January of 2020 a new Colt Python rolled out of the factory and it was the No. 1 selling revolver among FFLs using the services of GunBroker.com in 2020.”

Well, I want one, but my loony moonbat anti-2A state says I can't have one. :mad:

Prices are still too high anyway. Then again, all gun prices are crazy high right now. :unsure:

Anyway, I would have guessed the Ruger Wrangler just due to its low cost and good availability. 😎

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not surprised at all. LOTS of hype..LOTS of noise= lots of sales.
That's what I was thinking, too. Absolutely glowing magazine reports, oops a flaw (but it got fixed), and you can sell just about anything.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I seriously doubt it from the price alone. My guess would go to the Wrangler or Rough Rider.

Reactions: Stormes

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's based only on Gunbroker's sales, then it's a seriously flawed statistic, but whatev. I hope Colt makes good money with them.

Reactions: BlackBat242

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
It's a marketing puff piece. GunBroker is not the primary distribution channel for firearms in the United States.

There is no way they could produce that many Pythons. Popular, perhaps... Top selling? Not likely...l

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I bought the poor mans version, Dan Wesson 15-2 with vented heavy V barrel....

Thewelshm

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well, I want one, but my loony moonbat anti-2A state says I can't have one. :mad:

Prices are still too high anyway. Then again, all gun prices are crazy high right now. :unsure:

Anyway, I would have guessed the Ruger Wrangler just due to its low cost and good availability. 😎

TTSH, in what state is a revolver illegal? I’m stunned! memtb

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
TTSH, in what state is a revolver illegal? I’m stunned! memtb
Moonbatty Massachusetts. We have something called our MA Approved Firearms Roster. Dealers can only transfer or sell handguns that are on that roster. The new Python is not on the roster. :( For that matter, neither is the original. :(

·
Registered
573 Posts
TTSH, I’m somewhat speechless.....which is a rarity for me! memtb

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
TTSH, I’m somewhat speechless.....which is a rarity for me! memtb
Just to be crystal clear, we are allowed to legally possess a new (or old) Python revolver. That's not the issue. We just can't buy a new Python (or transfer one in) via a Massachusetts dealer because it is not on the Approved Firearms Roster, which the dealers must abide by or they risk losing their MA license.

A MA dealer can sell or transfer an old Python, provided it was legally possessed in state at any time before 1998 (i.e., when the Approved Firearms Roster thang became law).

Now, if I were to ever find a Massachusetts LTC holder who actually owned a brand new Python (perhaps having brought it in when he/she moved in from out of state), I could buy it from him or her F-T-F... just not via a dealer transfer.

Clear as mud... right? 😎

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an old python,but you know what? I like the grip on the Smith 586/686 so much better. If I find a nice one locally,the Python may be history

1 - 15 of 15 Posts