Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Huh , that don't sound right.
I have several .22 revolvers (and a couple of bottom feeders) . I also have several Bearcats but was lacking in man sized Ruger Single Sixes.
So I went and squeezed some of the new Wranglers but just could not warm up to them. New construction and finish aside I like my adj. sights plus no 22 mag. option.
That gives me the excuse to hit the pawnshops and used gun counters.
I was rewarded with these two and a brick of 22lr ammo for less that $500 out the door. weiweinp
The blue one is a 22lr and has a uncommon brass frame. Digging in my parts box produced a 22 mag cyl. that fits perfectly. Actually , it probably will not get used as I'm not a huge fan of convertible cylinders . It always requires some sight readjusting and I prefer set and forget.
Therefore the stainless one has only the 22 mag cyl. and has already earned a new set of flat bottomed grips.
Two guns for two cartridges.

I figure for the same money with proper shopping I could have had 3 new Wranglers or 4 Heritige Arms . Sure they got a few miles on em but I'm happier going this way.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Good catch Al! I too prefer the older guns to the new Wranglers... not interested in the Heritage trinkets @ all. By the way some of the older Single Sixes were .223 barrels & not intended for .22magnum (.224).

·
Registered
17,001 Posts
Those are a great pair of old Rugers and will be fun shooting them. I had got two of the Wranglers for grandkids but they never warmed up to them. Got me old model Series six with both cylinders in exchange and feel I did good. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I hope no one minds me putting a couple of RUGER Mini Single Sixes in this [email protected]
No problem ,,,, I got some minis too!

Top stainless is cut for 22 magnum .
The bottom stainless with the adjustable sights comes mighty close to a single six for shootability.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Sweet pair of Rugers. Although not my thing, I still appreciate quality when I see it. Congrats!

·
Registered
129 Posts
The blue one is a 22lr and has a uncommon brass frame. Digging in my parts box produced a 22 mag cyl. that fits perfectly. Actually , it probably will not get used as I'm not a huge fan of convertible cylinders . It always requires some sight readjusting and I prefer set and forget.
Therefore the stainless one has only the 22 mag cyl. and has already earned a new set of flat bottomed grips.
Two guns for two cartridges.
My SS (OM, 1968) has both cylinders... but the Mag has permanent residence rights, while the LR hardly ever gets to come out of the box.

That's because of that H&R 999 Sportsman in the safe... that's my LR pistol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts