Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have an opportunity to purchase a 38-44 outdoorsman. I researched the serial number and it seems it may be the beginning number for the outdoorsman. The gun is in VGC although it has MOP grips and is finished in nickel, neither I believe are original. Can anyone offer any information as to the significance this may have on this gun. Thanks gentlemen. And ladies ! Whew. Lol

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
If you really want to find out, paying 100 bucks (there's a word for this beginning with the letter "r") for a S&W factory letter is probably your only means of doing so. But even if this is the very first .38 Outdoorsman, a refinish, esp. in nickel, kills any special value attached to its being "No 1." So, my opinion is, don't pay more than a refinished Outdoorsman is worth, regardless of the ser. no.

·
Registered
12,716 Posts
I think there are people who would pay more for the first one, in almost any working condition. S&W would have to verify that it was indeed the first though, and I really don't know how much " more" they might pay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts