Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1969 Re-blued 28-2

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Curt360 
#1 ·
A couple of years after I started this fun hobby, jonesy814 informed me of an older 28-2 he had seen at one of the LGS in the area. He said it was refinished and that it was under $500. I went down the next day to check it out and to make a long story short...brought it home with me. Later that day I was at a gun show and scored a decent used set of factory N Frame Target grips for $25. Over all the re-bluing was done well and the hammer and trigger also had work done. Bought for shooting and it hasn't been disappointing at all. A few pics...
28-2 with period correct factory target grips ( next 2 pics)

28-2 with S&W target grips (Thailand)

28-2 with numbered to gun magnas

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Curt,

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Can see how that would be a real favorite at the gravel pit!!

Hope to get some shootin' in tomorrow? Tuesday??

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360
#3 ·
Mark,
Was going to attempt going to the pit today but the way in was still not agreeable. Will hopefully be getting out next weekend if weather permits. It's been a while and I'm itching to get out and exercise a few firearms.

Later,
Curt

#4 ·
Hey Curt,

Ours is a SODDEN MESS... been thaw/refreeze/thaw.....I'm a just a gonna...........plain get MUDDY!

Later, Mark

Attachments

#5 ·
We are still melting off some of the 18 inches of snow we had on the ground at the beginning of March. The lower half of the road to the pit is all shaded by Hemlocks so it was really deep there and where the road opens onto the highway, the plows have filled it up pretty well. Should be able to get in there in a few days

#7 ·
Hey Jonesy,

I'm a gettin' one of these!

View attachment 499592
That would get us there!
Curts 28-2 shoots nice. The shop had it listed as a refinished gun, but it would have been hard to tell otherwise. We compared it side by side with my 5 screw Highway Patrolman and the 2 finishes looked the same

#8 ·
Hey Jonesy,

S&W got it right! N Frame + 357= FUN TIMES!

Later, Mark

#11 · (Edited)
The 28-2s are great guns. I have one in 357 mag and another one that has been converted to use 45 ACP w/moon clips. Both are great shooters. The 45 conversion looks like someone sourced a Mod 25 barrel and cylinder and once I had it in my grasp, I added a nice set of aftermarket target grips. By the way, your gun looks great! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine! Happy shooting.

#15 ·
February or March 2007 at a gun show in Phoenix I spotted this one stuffed in the rear of a display case. There was a bunch of Plastic Fantastic stuff up front because everyone wanted the latest whizzband. It had this flat black finish, never saw a reason to change it. It has held up well. It was priced at $250 and wearing Goodyears. I traded out the hammer and trigger,, because I could and any 'collector' value was long gone. It has served me well, shoots better than I can and has become the only Highway Patrolman I now own. I asked it once if it cared about it's refinish,, it could care less, it's just happy not to be chromed. BTW, it's a 28,, no dash

#19 ·
Hey Dman,
That's a fine looking revolver you have there. Bet it's fun to shoot. Thanks for sharing the pic.
Later,
Curt

Reactions: msharley
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.