Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the stocks are not probably original. ;)

I never said they were original. Nonetheless, it was a cool gun when I bought it. I got a Roy Jinks Certificate at Baton Rouge in a S&WCA convention. Roy said it was shipped to 5-7-1969 to Bern's Wholesale sporting Goods in Denver, CO Pics:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Your pictures aren't visible - at least not for me.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
no pics, sorry

·
Super Moderator
19,243 Posts
Photobucket used to be the largest photo storage and sharing site on the internet. Some time 3 or 4 years ago they realized that more people were using it to store and share their images for free, compared to those that pay for their file storage service. So in their altogether internet wisdom they decided to shut down their photo sharing service to anybody not willing to pay for the storage. They also turned of all linkage from the non-paying members on everything they had stored on their system.
So, any photos that are missing here from Photobucket will have the missing link avatar pop-up. You will know because at the bottom of each of them will have the Photobucket logo onm the bottom of the photo. Their reasoning for that, is so the Photobucket members that were using their site for free will choose to buy into their service, so their photos would remain visible on sites such as this one.
Most of us here including me refused to pay for their service, and thus all of the blank avatars now.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Yep, they did it to me too; I keep getting emails about how I am over the "free storage limit" and how I need to pay. Pretty lousy they won't let you just retrieve your photos and close your account. because of that I went to Imgur.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pay photobucket.
Sometimes their site goes down. The pictures showed when I previewed the post before clicking post.

I guess this site has no photo hosting ability?

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I pay photobucket.
Sometimes their site goes down. The pictures showed when I previewed the post before clicking post.

I guess this site has no photo hosting ability?
It does and it's much easier than the previous version of the forum.... all you need to do is click on the 4th icon (insert image) from the left in the editing toolbar, that's seen at the bottom when doing a post/reply. Clicking on the icon brings up a box that says "drop image (or click here)", clicking on that box enables you to select an image from your computer.

After the image is inserted into the post, if you click on it, 4 small blue squares will appear at the corners of the pic, you can adjust the size of the image by clicking on one of the boxes and dragging it to change the image size in the post.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does and it's much easier than the previous version of the forum.... all you need to do is click on the 4th icon (insert image) from the left in the editing toolbar, that's seen at the bottom when doing a post/reply. Clicking on the icon brings up a box that says "drop image (or click here)", clicking on that box enables you to select an image from your computer.

After the image is inserted into the post, if you click on it, 4 small blue squares will appear at the corners of the pic, you can adjust the size of the image by clicking on one of the boxes and dragging it to change the image size in the post.

View attachment 468762

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it takes some time to download?

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Hey 1911!

That one was worth the wait!!

Great SCORE!!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Many Thanks Conrad,
I get it now. It takes a few minutes to show. It also seems to block photobucket and other hosting sites which is AOK with me.

Nice picture of your 911. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I guess it takes some time to download?
For me it doesn't take long at all, once I select the pic on my computer, it uploads immediately. Difference in internet speed/providers? I'm on xfinity (Comcast).

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For me it doesn't take long at all, once I select the pic on my computer, it uploads immediately. Difference in internet speed/providers? I'm on xfinity (Comcast).
Me too, but speeds are different in different places.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts