Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted more of shooter than a safe queen but there isn't a whole lot to choose from, the Model 29's in CA. have heavy wear and high prices, I found almost no Model 29's 8 3/8 that would qualify as C&R. From the homework I've done there isn't a whole lot of difference in functionality vs -1 thru 8,

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey 85,

Welcome to S&W!

Great looker!

If you load? Highly recommend the 240gr LSWC over 7.5gr Universal. WLP. Should give you 900fps. Easy on the recoil.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Greetings “you made my day” welcome to the friendly forum mate..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you thank you, anybody care to put a price estimate on it? I'd like to see how much I stepped on my johnthomas, it's advertised as a model 29, 1960 should make it a dash 1, has box, factory letter, described as mint, lightly used,

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
Hey 85,

If? You got it for less than $1200? You are ahead of the game...

Later, Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pistol. Thanks for posting. If you get a chance put some .44 Special rounds through it, they are way different than the.44 Magnums.
oh boy
Hey 85,

If? You got it for less than $1200? You are ahead of the game...

Later, Mark
your *** with me right? the grips run $600

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted more of shooter than a safe queen but there isn't a whole lot to choose from, the Model 29's in CA. have heavy wear and high prices, I found almost no Model 29's 8 3/8 that would qualify as C&R. From the homework I've done there isn't a whole lot of difference in functionality vs -1 thru 8,

View attachment 526975
Welcome from Idaho. Love your Rockford references. Best show ever!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts