Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Very Nice! Love the target stocks. My model 17 came with magna stocks that are numbered to the gun, and here's mine. The only target stocks I've ever seen numbered to a gun were on a pre model 25 in 45 ACP. Yours were likely purchased as an option for your gun when it was new. Best of luck to you.
Thanks, your's is very nice also. I did take them off and they are not numbered.

·
Registered
814 Posts
That is really nice! The only thing that I see wrong with it, is that you have owned it this long and not shot it.
The 22's and their 38 special counterparts, are some of the finest shooting guns on the planet.
Lots of joy in that gun, and it is waiting for you to take it too the range. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome aboard the board...glad to have you!

I'm a purist when it comes to S&W, having only N Frames in the herd. However, I have been looking for that exact gun for several years now. I've seen a number in poor to fair condition. I'm holding out for 'very good' because I grew up shooting my grandfather's '58 with him in early 60's when he taught me handling/safety/shooting. His was pristine (as I recall it) and I MUST have a 50's K22 to teach my future grands. I'm patient -- well, kinda. Photos hopefully to follow soon!

Nice iron you got there!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Welcome aboard the board...glad to have you!

I'm a purist when it comes to S&W, having only N Frames in the herd. However, I have been looking for that exact gun for several years now. I've seen a number in poor to fair condition. I'm holding out for 'very good' because I grew up shooting my grandfather's '58 with him in early 60's when he taught me handling/safety/shooting. His was pristine (as I recall it) and I MUST have a 50's K22 to teach my future grands. I'm patient -- well, kinda. Photos hopefully to follow soon!

Nice iron you got there!
Yeap I would call this one pristine condition with 99% of it's blueing, very very little wear. At least the grips are S&W plus they are non relieved target grips probably worth more than the original grips which I didn't get. There's a pair of these very grips(non relieved left side)-target grips on Ebay right now for $349.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts