Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

I was given this gun a few years back for free from a friend who is deceased now. I've never shot it, and recently started investigating what it actually is. Heck I have a brand new Sig P938 I bought about 5 or 6 years back and never fired it yet(lol). Anyways she's in fantastic condition with minimal minimal wear on the blueing. I'm pretty sure the grips are target grips that were added later?? Hope you like it:
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Shotgun

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those unrelieved target grips could be original to the gun. I have been told that S&W stopped using those about the same year your gun was manufactured. Have you ever removed them to see if they have a serial number written on them?
I did remove them and wiped the gun down, but didn't look to see if the grips were numbered. I had assumed they were put on later as someone said they were target grips that were probably added.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kik up on

Hey sbc1320, does that handle have anything to do with a description of a very common
Engine and the numerals the distance the engines performs best at?
If so 9:30 at 1320?
Yes it does small block Chevy and 1320 being the quarter mile. My last 383 solid roller in an original paint 72 Nova that I sold a year ago. I have most all the makings new to do another hydraulic roller 383. foanother
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fords Forever! :p
I love all the old iron. I recently built my buddy a 408 out of his 351 Windsor with some AFR heads and put it in his 58 F1 pickup. I wired it and plumbed it also. I did completely build this 40 Ford for him and I painted it, wired it, plumbed it, and did all the body work also.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Very Nice! Love the target stocks. My model 17 came with magna stocks that are numbered to the gun, and here's mine. The only target stocks I've ever seen numbered to a gun were on a pre model 25 in 45 ACP. Yours were likely purchased as an option for your gun when it was new. Best of luck to you.
Thanks, your's is very nice also. I did take them off and they are not numbered.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Welcome aboard the board...glad to have you!

I'm a purist when it comes to S&W, having only N Frames in the herd. However, I have been looking for that exact gun for several years now. I've seen a number in poor to fair condition. I'm holding out for 'very good' because I grew up shooting my grandfather's '58 with him in early 60's when he taught me handling/safety/shooting. His was pristine (as I recall it) and I MUST have a 50's K22 to teach my future grands. I'm patient -- well, kinda. Photos hopefully to follow soon!

Nice iron you got there!
Yeap I would call this one pristine condition with 99% of it's blueing, very very little wear. At least the grips are S&W plus they are non relieved target grips probably worth more than the original grips which I didn't get. There's a pair of these very grips(non relieved left side)-target grips on Ebay right now for $349.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts