Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

I was given this gun a few years back for free from a friend who is deceased now. I've never shot it, and recently started investigating what it actually is. Heck I have a brand new Sig P938 I bought about 5 or 6 years back and never fired it yet(lol). Anyways she's in fantastic condition with minimal minimal wear on the blueing. I'm pretty sure the grips are target grips that were added later?? Hope you like it:
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Shotgun

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those unrelieved target grips could be original to the gun. I have been told that S&W stopped using those about the same year your gun was manufactured. Have you ever removed them to see if they have a serial number written on them?
I did remove them and wiped the gun down, but didn't look to see if the grips were numbered. I had assumed they were put on later as someone said they were target grips that were probably added.

·
Premium Member
22,066 Posts
S&W rarely number target grips to the gun. The historical reason for serializing the grips was because they were fitted to the gun. S&W stopped that around 1959 but target grips were not numbered because they fit any gun and didn't need fitting.

·
Registered
37,296 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Sweet revolver. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did remove them and wiped the gun down, but didn't look to see if the grips were numbered. I had assumed they were put on later as someone said they were target grips that were probably added.
I bought a k22 masterpiece over 50 years ago, still have it and shoot it regularly, but the grips that came on the gun were smaller than those. I replaced them with larger ones like those on your gun, love the gun. Shot 10 of thousands of rounds through it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
View attachment 562216
I was given this gun a few years back for free from a friend who is deceased now. I've never shot it, and recently started investigating what it actually is. Heck I have a brand new Sig P938 I bought about 5 or 6 years back and never fired it yet(lol). Anyways she's in fantastic condition with minimal minimal wear on the blueing. I'm pretty sure the grips are target grips that were added later?? Hope you like it: oh View attachment 562215
Lkkukjkjk
kik up on

Hey sbc1320, does that handle have anything to do with a description of a very common
Engine and the numerals the distance the engines performs best at?
If so 9:30 at 1320?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kik up on

Hey sbc1320, does that handle have anything to do with a description of a very common
Engine and the numerals the distance the engines performs best at?
If so 9:30 at 1320?
Yes it does small block Chevy and 1320 being the quarter mile. My last 383 solid roller in an original paint 72 Nova that I sold a year ago. I have most all the makings new to do another hydraulic roller 383. foanother
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fords Forever! :p
I love all the old iron. I recently built my buddy a 408 out of his 351 Windsor with some AFR heads and put it in his 58 F1 pickup. I wired it and plumbed it also. I did completely build this 40 Ford for him and I painted it, wired it, plumbed it, and did all the body work also.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 28 Posts