Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That finish is amazing, I love to see a gun like that, work of art. But I also like to see them when they have been doing their job well over the years and look like they've had a few hundred rounds through them.
First of all thanks. Secondly I don't mind an old war horse either. I only wish they could tell their stories to us. I have one that doesn't come out to play. It's another colt from 1910. It has no box or goodies but it's just too pretty. I do however try to buy the best possible condition guns but I like to shoot them. I like the oldies. Smiths mostly.

Registered
First of all thanks. Secondly I don't mind an old war horse either. I only wish they could tell their stories to us. I have one that doesn't come out to play. It's another colt from 1910. It has no box or goodies but it's just too pretty. I do however try to buy the best possible condition guns but I like to shoot them. I like the oldies. Smiths mostly.
Me, too, but at over 60 Colts, this was only one of two that was not being shot by me at the time. The other is a NIB Colt Vest Pocket model with the original paperwork and such. I bought 2 of them, one of which was the old lady's gun (NIB) and the other was the husband's gun which had been carried a little and shot. Both came with boxes, etc. and the old ammo for them both. I sold the other one because I had others at the time. I still have the new one to this day.

Leland

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me, too, but at over 60 Colts, this was only one of two that was not being shot by me at the time. The other is a NIB Colt Vest Pocket model with the original paperwork and such. I bought 2 of them, one of which was the old lady's gun (NIB) and the other was the husband's gun which had been carried a little and shot. Both came with boxes, etc. and the old ammo for them both. I sold the other one because I had others at the time. I still have the new one to this day.

Leland
That's beautiful!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts