Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn fine year....!!!!

This is a Model of 1950, boys...from 1952.

Gonna debut it at the Red Neck Shoot on Sept 19th. Sorry for the flash photo's as I just picked her up tonight. She is not a high polish gun, and not without her issues...

But Dagnabit.... She's mine..... :mrgreen:

giz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cush,

Drew and I have been talkin' about 15 months about this one. Neither of us wanted to commit for the longest time. It's a rare Ezra. But not without it's issues.

Then the worse possible thing that could happen, did...The former owner passed away. To say he was a good friend of mine, would sell him short...he was so much more. Owned a Mom and Pop gun dealership...and a dying breed from our times....

Anyrate, the family and I settled on this one...I'm sure old Bob ~ is well pleased... ;)

giz

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
I just blew it up to 400% {monitor about blew up too :lol: } and the grips look brand new and there looks like some blueing loss on the 'high spots', and very little at that. Still could not make out what the barrel says. It looks pretty good to me!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
My, my Giz, that looks like a 45 calibre revolver; sort of a modern looking model of 1917. I believe I have seen exactly one of those in all of my explorations into mom and pop gun stores and a lotta gun shows in south Florida.

Well, it is good that it passed from a close friend to you, I have three such guns, these are not for sale for obvious reasons.

A great rememberance, enjoy - glad you have it.

Hank

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drew,

I left you a voice mail about three hours ago, Amigo.

Either I grabbed it tonight, or is was gone...tomorrow. The family made the call to me. We last looked at it about a year ago, together.

Better it sits in my gunsafe for now then some yahoo's.... ;)

giz

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Drew Coorect me if I am wrong but it looks to me like you called me a fool. I dont know what goes on between you and Giz. It is none of my buisness in your real life. But this is a public forum and i thought you were making a joke and I made one to. If you have personal buisness with Giz then do yoiur thing but dont call me a fool in public. I can give you my address in Nevada very close to Vegas and flights are cheap.My real name is Dave Parsons my cell is 775-526-7954. I live in Pahrump Nevada. 56 miles north west of Las Vegas and I wont hesitate to make to meet you under any terms you like little fella.
But dont be little punk and a Coward and call me names on this forum over some argument you have with some one else. Because I dont give a rats ass what you and Giz have going between you. So you come on out here to nevada and try to shut my sucker and get away with calling me a fool to my face little fella.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Carl is right, gang...
Let's all keep it civil.
There are plenty of a-holes in this world who deserve our wrath, so let's be kind to each other. kfjdrfirii
On a lighter note, this old 38/44 HD is also from 1952.
Don

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Wow Don, that is a beauty. Is that original nickel? . . .1952? I may have a M&P from that year, but it would look like an ugly duckling next to your 38/44 HD - Anyhow here is the ugly duckling and it is 1953 vintage.

However, I do have a couple of pre-war 38/44 HD's, blued, but have that old smooooth long action. Here is one, and I do favor the 5 inch barrel:

Hank

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.