Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I had posted a question last week regarding a K22 from the early 50's, and I have an update.

It is now mine, and there were a few things that ended up changing during the last week. The owner had a set of grips that fit the gun, but there are no numbers on the inside. Probably correct for the gun, but maybe off of a different gun?
The ding that I thought I saw in the chamber turned out to be nothing. The price got better, as well, and I ended up paying $575.00 out the door.

Everything seems to be normal on this old gun, and it shot 6 times last night. Way too cold out for a proper test, just put 6 rounds in and fired them, so I could look at the empty cases.
There is blue worn off the side of the barrel on the left side, but less on the right. Also there are a few light scratches in one place in the side of the cylinder. No rust, and no pits anywhere.
This one is just about right for me... No guilt taking it out and shooting it, but still in nice shape for a 69 year old gun.

Pictures are attached..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,732 Posts
I believe those grips are appropriate for that gun and may be the originals. It has been shot quite a bit, but that's what these guns were made for after all.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
30,089 Posts
Great looking 22 and congrats. Your going to have fun with that. When I was looking for a 22 I almost bought a SR22 but was distracted and purchased a 6" 686 no dash instead. To make it short, a couple of months later I came across a 17-4 6" beauty at a great price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts