Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a 1950 waffle top in 35 Remington and two 39a's one made in 46 and the other in 47. I love the older Marlin's. Some don't like the thicker forend but I don't have a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a 1950 waffle top in 35 Remington and two 39a's one made in 46 and the other in 47....
Nice, the 1950 336 in 35 Remington is much more rare and worth more. I had a 1957 39A (a P), but the rifle wouldn't eject properly. The trader took it back and sent it to a well-known gunsmith. He handmade a new ejector part, and it still wouldn't work. It was also a great looking rifle so I hated returning it but if the 'smith couldn't fix it I sure couldn't.

I bought a NIB Henry H001 .22 for a local guy to use until I can replace the Marlin. I got some .22 ammo (three buckets). ;)

Tin Ingredient Food Alcoholic beverage Drink

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would have hated to let a 57 39A go. Next time you run into a problem with a Marlin head over to the Marlin Owners forum. Good people and someone will most times be able to tell you want needs to be done and where to get a part.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to have a 336CS in 30-30 that I bought new in South Dakota in 1989. It is one of the great sorrows of my life that I don't have it anymore. (Long story) Man what a great deer rifle that was.

Great looking old rifle.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts