Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1944 smith an Wesson victory worth ???

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Adirondacker 
#1 ·
I’m curious on what my smith is worth any help would be grand..... I know that I’ve traded a 300$ gun for it ..... I’ve got sum basic info like it’s a 1944 Britain 🇬🇧 an that the gun is all original England on the cylinder an 767 with 3 1/2 tons ,

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! Less than the value of the gun you traded. It has been modified by cutting off the barrel and forward locking lug for the cylinder. It has absolutely no collector value and appears to be nickel plated which was not done at the factory and is not original.

#3 ·
Unfortunately what Guy said is correct. Don’t feel bad because I see this modification pretty frequently and people price them all over the place because they don’t know what they’re worth. It would be a struggle to sell I think because it’s been so modified. I hate to tell you but it looks like almost nothing is original. The grips obviously are faux stag, the nickel is a refinish, the barrel has been cut and the sight should be a half moon.

#4 ·
Victory revolvers were mostly 5 inch, with some 4 inch. They were never nickel plated, and as was said, the barrel has been cut off removing the front locking lug. Thousands of these were sold to importers then much as yours has been. Often the cylinder has been bored so it will hold 38 specials. Honestly, you probably would have been better off keeping the $300 gun

Reactions: bearcat6
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.