Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Near unfired, all milled parts and matching number slide. Last of the good ones. Serial number puts it in the Ithaca
range as a few were accidently used in that range. I bought it in the 80's for $500. A wise investment. No, I have never fired it and never will. I had the custom box made for it to also include a box of 1943 steel case ammo. Big Larry
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver

·
Registered
15,312 Posts
I have always liked the looks of a classic 1911-A1. Spent my childhood watching all the old WW2 movies and that was the pistol I wanted to have. I bought a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec model because it looks a lot like an original A1, but with a bit better sights

·
Registered
30,109 Posts
Sweet 1911. Congrats on that being in your collection.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Super Moderator
35,608 Posts
1980? I turned 8 that year...wonders where all the years went and will I age as well as a pistol from that year probably has?

·
Banned
333 Posts
Beautiful old pistol. I envy you. You know, Colt also duplicated some Remington Rand and Union Switch & Signal serial numbers. I'd love to see some more photos of your pistol.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, but I do not have any more, and my camera is broken. It remains 100% correct and fired very little, although not by me. At one time it had a pre war Ace 22 conversion on it. It will be a gift to my Step Son. Thanks, Big Larry BTW, it is #870661. 1-1943.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts