Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This .44 HE First Model is even older than I am! :lol:
It shipped to Los Angeles on June 1st, 1908.
Thanks to member RAB, it's now living in 'the bunker'.
Enjoy the picture.
Don

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
onenut,
I suspect it's been refinished, but there aren't any identifying marks to prove it.
Roy guessed that if it was refinished, it might have been done during WW I, and not marked.
It has all the correct (factory) buffer-marks in the right places, and that's something that damn few people can do.
Of the two 'independents' who are (I believe) capable of perfectly duplicating an original carbona blue, one always marks his work.
It's a mystery. kljng; kljng; fhfjjjj
The action and lock-up are incredible.
At any rate, my other TL IS original, and it's not as good a bluing job as this old guy.
A really neat gun, IMHO.
Don

·
Administrator
8,093 Posts
Very nice, Don!
That's a wonderful addition to the bunker, for sure!

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
carl418 said:
Very nice, Don!
That's a wonderful addition to the bunker, for sure!
That is putting it mildly
Very well done Don!

·
Registered
570 Posts
fantastic looking t-lock and those stocks,,,,,,simply gorgeous..... i wonder what kind of wood was used to make those ?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, kritter
Back then the wood used was Circassian walnut (sometimes called Turkish walnut).
It has some neat, dark 'veins' you can see through the checkering.
Don

·
Registered
142 Posts
That is one beautiful old revolver! Congratulations on a great find. I hope to someday join the esteemed ranks of the TL owners.

It's always nice to see a fine old gun like that going to someone who will respect and love her.

David

·
Registered
570 Posts
Circassian walnut ......Hmmmm.......
i'm going to have to dig mine out.. the grips on it, have some grain to them but it's just muted from age ( and dirt) think i might have to do a cleaning and refinish to hopefully get them looking as good as yours...
but once again a beautiful gun....

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Circassian walnut, very interesting, didn't know what type walnut grips were on my 1908 vintage Triple-Lock.
Pretty wood and pretty finish Don, very nice indeed. Maybe you will show us your other T.L., like to see it.

Hank

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don,

Great to see the old girl again. She really is spectacular and I hope you enjoy her for many years to come.

Bob

·
Registered
495 Posts
i'm going to have to dig mine out.. the grips on it, have some grain to them but it's just muted from age ( and dirt) think i might have to do a cleaning and refinish to hopefully get them looking as good as yours...

Hello Don & Kritter
Great Looking Triple Lock there Don. Kritter, I have fond a neat product called "Howard" They sell it at Home Depot in The wood refinish section and it is Bee's Wax and Orange Oil. It is around $7.00 for a large Bottle and cleans deep on Older wood without hurting it and leaves behind a Nice Luster complimenting the original wood finish. It also covers up slight scars well. I hope this helps, Hammerdown

·
Registered
570 Posts
(thread drift)
took a little time and "cleaned" mine up (fixed a few flat spots in the checkering & a acetone bath, then a few coats of tru-oil)
And Oh My,, theres is a grain running through them...

1914 new century (triple-lock) .455 rechambered to .45 AR

·
Registered
593 Posts
lgnngp

Drool-worthy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts